December Stress Test Feedback Thread

thanks when are you taking my money???

So I was able to fight the boss in the last fifteen minutes or so. We had about 5 or 6 people. It was SO FUN! I really liked it. One problem though, was that for some reason the boss just kept respawning infinitely, even when we werenā€™t near the stones. We fought it something like 5 times before giving up.

That was the most fun Iā€™ve had with my Vive since I bought it. It was a bit frustrating trying to get into a game with people in it, but when I did I had a lot of fun. Our group of six or seven made our way to the boss, but ended up getting our asses kicked when he kept respawning his health. After that, four of us went fishing. When this game is up for longer, Iā€™ll know what Iā€™ll be doing. Good job Riley for making an awesome game so far.

Iā€™ll be here tomorrow!!! Great work this game is going to be amazing! Shared lots of SAO jokes and had a great time with the mechanics and game play. So much stuff already! Looking forward to the future of this game.

The longest I got to play was about 3 minutes as I was learning how to cast spells. Hope I can get further next time.

I was with the boss group at the end too, tons of fun. Too bad almost everyone left before the servers went down.

Including later on in the night John_N?

What time will the server be up tomorrow night? Iā€™d love to make it if I can.

That was a blast and the other dudes I hung out with and went fishing you bros are cool. Riley youā€™re going to make a lot of moneyā€¦A LOT OF MONEY.

1 Like

Riley said that tomorrow will be the same time.

That was absolutely incredible! Thank you so much for the opportunity to experience the first mmorpgvr title! I WILL be back tomorrow! I am HOOKED and you can have all of my money.

I only got to play some during the end of the stress test. Hereā€™s a few things I noticed that I donā€™t know if they would be helpful to your stress testing, but I figure Iā€™ll put it here in case it will be of some use.

I noticed that sometimes trackpad locomotion wouldnā€™t work for me. It would sometimes just cut out and I would have to use teleportation. I noticed this occuring mostly during initial startup, it would sometimes be resolved by switcing classes (archer to orbhealer for instance). Some times it was random that it would cut out and I would just use teleportation.

Another problem I noticed towards the end was that when I died the first time the game crashed. I thought it was a disconnection issue but I loogged back in and was able to continue. This happened every time I died. I stayed in the game but nobody was moving (Mobs, NPCs, or player characters).

Towards the end I could log in but I noticed the population of the server I was on was only myself. I had to close and restart several times due to the on death crash issue, and there was still no one on the servers. It might have been that I was load balanced to another server because all of the other ones were full, but with about 3-4 restarts and no one on the map I thought it a bit strange.

Final thoughts, this was my first time playing it and I absolutely think you are on to something here. I havenā€™t seen anything else like this out there for VR. I canā€™t wait to participate in further stress tests and/or betas if you get things to where you think you could start doing that.

Thanks for letting us participate,

Shawn_W

This was so AWESOME! Iā€™m looking forward to the next time I get to try this. :slight_smile:

That was a blast! I was in the group that fought the boss at the end of the test which was a ton of fun. It kept respawning over and over immediately after it was killed, so we killed it quite a few times without breaking a sweat. You may have to make it a bit harder for us next time!

After that group disbanded, I ventured further into the forest, past the house with the porch you can actually go on, and I happened upon what I have to image is a bug. There was 2-3 trees surrounding a house, but they were all tiny! Like, smaller than my character. The house was too! It was pretty cute.

I canā€™t wait to see what becomes of this game. Well done devs.

1 Like

Yeah it will be 7:30 PM Central Time again.

Thanks for all the great feedback, suggestions, and kind words everyone! Really means a lot to me as I stay up late tonight trying to squash those server bugsā€¦itā€™s so awesome seeing people enjoy something youā€™ve built!

I really canā€™t wait to get it to a point where itā€™s up and running 24/7 and itā€™s a living, breathing worldā€¦so cool :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was leotheshade, were you on my team?

Quite a bit of fun, had a blast with it. Iā€™m looking forward to what comes next.

Suggestions:
Movement - It would probably be easier on players if movement were consistent regardless of class, instead of switching which controller is used. Also, I personally would prefer trackpad locomotion all the time, instead of just out of combat. As someone else commented, it seemed to cut out at times; maybe the game was registering me as in combat when I wasnā€™t.

Saved Settings - Itā€™d be nice to have a profile to save settings. Every time I logged in, I had to re-enable trackpad motion. That could also apply to mic settings, class, etc.

Bugs:
Runemage spells - They seemed a bit inconsistent on results, as if the tracking was a bit too close for each type. Also the sound setting on the Frostbolt is a wee bit too loud! :smile:

Fishing - Not sure why, but for the short time I tried it, my lure got stuck in the water and I could not reset. It might have been lag or a server disconnect, I really donā€™t know. Did not go back to try it out.

@Riley_D, youā€™re a real hero. This game is truly amazing, so much potential. Canā€™t wait to see where things go from here.

I was leotheshade, were we in the same party?