December Stress Test Feedback Thread

One thing that would be nice was if the server remembered what class you were each time you rejoined, it got a bit tedious to walk all the way back to change class when the game crashed

Indeed, eventually it will be based on the gear you have equipped, which will persist between logins. Hopefully by the next test (not tomorrow, the one after that :slight_smile:)

This was AMAZING! I really liked this fishing because it was so peaceful and good for just calming down. Also the archer was a bit overpowered, because you could just get up really close to an enemy and just rapidly click the trigger, i think the solution would be that the more you pull back the string, the more damage it does, and when you shoot the bow, have the arrow disappear for a second and then re-appear. Otherwise it was pretty balanced, and REALLY fun. Iā€™ll try to be on tomorrow.

Goodbye Space Carpā€¦ Weā€™ll Miss you!

Yeah :frowning: Riley_D

I donā€™t know what it was, but I did try a bunch of times, but 80% of the time I was in an empty world, and 15% of the time I got to see people moving around and got to try using magic for a little bit. The last 5% was when someone was trying to talk to me, and that was at the very beginning before 7:30pm. It was amazing then.

Okay, well hopefully tomorrow night will go better for you (if you can make it!)

I had a blast during this. A group of ~5 of us went to kill the boss, but it didnā€™t seem like our attacks hurt any enemies. I look forward to more tests, so Iā€™ll try to join tomorrow. I forgot to try fishing, so Iā€™ll check that out too.

Priorities IMO

1. Server stability
  2. Locomotion refinement
  3. Mob AI and pathing
  4. UI/UX and persistence

is there another stress test today? just signed up

I believe so! Iā€™m Anchor, the Orbhealer!

oke nice, anyone know a time. ill check in every houre

The Dev said 7:30 pm central time again. Same as last night

Iā€™d like to also mention two other issues that I noticed.

1. Comodo kept popping up a warning every time I started the OrbusVR Launcher.exe, stating ā€œthe publisher has NOT digitally signed their application.ā€ Minor issue, but I would have to start it through the desktop, not SteamVR, as I could not switch modes. As I said, a minor issue, but it was irritating.

2. After starting, I would have to switch to Desktop mode, as the splash screen & character select do not show up in SteamVR. Although, I have noticed many games have splash or loading screens that donā€™t show in VR, but do show on the desktop. Another minor issue, but one to note for the future.

Heyā€¦ i logged onto the stress test and i cant find the logout buttonā€¦

on a more serious note i only found out about the game yesterday so i didnt get a chance to participate in the test, do they happen frequently or did i just miss out big time?

There will be a test tonight (December 4th) at 7:30 PM Central / 5:30 PM Pacific. Iā€™m planning on it lasting about an hour.

You can just close the window if youā€™re still logged in.

1 Like

Unfortunately I canā€™t make it tonight because of work issues :cry:. Any idea when the next test will be and will I have to download a new client for it?

Okay Iā€™m about to bring the server online for tonight.

Just to set everyoneā€™s expectations going in, I havenā€™t fixed anything at all in terms of bugs or feedback other than hopefully getting the server more stable. So the sound effects are still a little too loud, the boss may respawn over and over again instead of dying, you may get stuck in combat still, etc. Of course, Iā€™ll be working to fix those bugs over the coming weeks but tonight is just about hopefully getting the server to be stable for a bit longer than last night.

Alrighty, here goes nothing :slight_smile:

Server is up! See you in-game!

1 Like

Okay so we just had a quick crash, it was due to a bug in the code I hastily wrote last night. Hopefully we wonā€™t see too many of those. Itā€™s back up now.

Also you should be getting better notifications about if you get disconnected and need to re-connect, instead of wondering why people arenā€™t moving anymore :slight_smile: