December Stress Test Feedback Thread

That sounds awesome re: the VR arcade! How many bays do you have and how large are they? Just curious! Glad you all had fun!

Hey Riley.
We have six 8’ x 10’ bays and probably getting a few more in the next few months. We’re crazy excited to see where this game goes. We want to support this game however we can so just let me know! :smiley: We have guys who are losing their minds wanting to play again as well as me and the other owner who have over 100 hours each logged in VR. We can require our guys to report bugs and offer some high quality feedback.

Once the game is in beta or Early Access and you have a pricing model I’d like to stay in touch and talk about licensing as well :smiley:

Cheers!

Heya.

i had the chance to take part in the stress test on saturday and was pretty impressed by the game. its obviously still in pre-alpha, but what i saw made me anticipate further updates.

i took some notes during the test regarding several things but in no particular order. hope this helps in some way.

first off, i am from central europe and noticed no real lag problems at all (apart from the obvious server-related ones). i dont know where your server is located, but it seems in a good place for me :slight_smile:
one thing though … if possible could you plan your next test better around EU times? for me it started at 2:30 in the morning and i think you could get a better turnout of EU testers if you could set it up at a more friendly time. thats just a humble request though :slight_smile:

performance

• my specs are: i7-4790, 16gb ram, GeForce GTX970
  • as said before, no noticable input lag or fps drops
  • voip worked really well, the other players were clearly understandable. what i would like is a way to test your own microphone ingame
  • loaded into an empty world 2-3 times - as others reported
  • death caused some disconnects that werent immediatly apparent - reconnect solved the issue
  • sometimes i couldnt use the function to teleport back to the village - only after using it several times it tp’d me back
  • models of other players where often shown with the wrong equipment - very often barbarian axes

locomotion

• teleport worked fine only sometimes the teleport zone seemed to get stuck on terrain - the most obvious example was below the blue stairs that led away from the village if you stay too far right
  • sometimes near the lake i couldnt use the teleport at all. it all showed red and it took a while until i could use it again.
  • suprisingly the trackpad movement gave me no nausea or anything related, which is unusual for me. i still cant play windlands or alice VR for more than 5 minutes. i cant really explain why, but im happy that this worked for me
  • trackpad movement had some problems - stutters, refusing to work completly
  • trackpad movement speed seemed a bit slow
  • fyi: i had trackpad movement enabled nearly 100% of the time (dont know if that is important regarding the bugs above)
  • even when trackpad movement was enabled i could still teleport - working as intended?

runemage

• sign drawing is a lot of fun
  • once you know the things you key points you have to look out for in each sign it works nearly 100% of the time
  • what i disliked was the unused other hand - you could maybe draw the sign with one hand then cast it with the other?
  • maybe a spellbook in the other hand that allows for some info or other interaction
  • also possible to power up the spell in some way
  • the random trajectory of some spells made using them from further range very unreliable
  • frost missile sound was WAY too loud
  • you cant cast while moving with trackpad - on purpose?

archer

• shooting felt solid, not much to critizise there
  • damage needs to scale in some way with how far and how long you pull the bowstring. you could easily exploit the current system like mentionen a couple of times already
  • the arrow location on your belt, could be closer together and closer to the arrow-hand, to avoid weird reaching around your belly

orb healer

• intersting concept
  • gun could be a bit shorter to avoid having to reach that far ahead
  • turret mechanic is interesting
  • orbs need to be more distinct in color and form, to differentiate from another
  • can there only be 4 orbs at a time? - is it randomly selected which orb spawns?

fisherman

• took some time to get the hang of it, but it once you understand the mechanics it was pretty much a 100% catchrate
  • still pretty fun
  • no attacks on mobs available though
  • is there a reason the uses for the rod are not bound to the trigger buttons?

general thoughts

• being able to switch hands with all weapons tools is a necessity

in conclusion, i can say that i had WAY more fun than i thought i would have. just running around with a few guys and trying stuff out was a blast.
shoutout to the group of guys who learned fishing together and those 2 dudes that tried to kite a mob around the whole place.
keep up the nice work and i look forward to your next test, to see how you improved the game.

if you have any questions regarding my feedback feel free to contact me.