Delay on spells for EU players

I am playing far from the server and since the beginning of time there has been a significant delay on the casting success of a spell and the release of a spell. each of these delays seem to be around 200-400ms on cast and 100-300ms on release. This means that per cast i potentially can lose a maximum of 0.7s per cast. This can make my dps quite sub par obviously.

I didn’t realise how bad it was until I recorded it.

What is your Direct Latency logged as in your output log file? You should see it reported periodically.

direct latency is between 80-120ms

Yeah so I mean, submit spell -> server processing -> back to you is going to be 160 - 240ms then, which jives with what you are noting. Obviously it may be slightly better or worse depending on how that one packet does. I’m not really sure what we can do to help with that, it’s just how physics works.

We’ve discussed previously opening up additional servers e.g. in the EU or other places but obviously that’s something we would only do if the community grows significantly population-wise.

The reason it affects the Runemage more than other classes is because it’s the only class that requires a) server-side processing prior to each attack and b) it’s the only class where we don’t know exactly where the spell is going to go as soon as you cast it like we do for a Ranger arrow or a Musketeer bullet, since you can direct it after you fire it. I have thought about making a change there for Reborn, though, so we could do a better job of offering immediate feedback on the client side for Runemage spells, and it’s definitely something I’m planning to work on.

1 Like

Yes please. Direct client feedback with an afterwards server check would be realllllly appreciated. This would also be the way to fix it no matter where in the world and what internet speed you have.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.