Dev Blog: Patch 6.0 -- Waystation Crypt Raid Preview

There’s a new post on the blog today with a preview of the raid launching this Friday, as well as new gear, a new tool called the Tagger, and more. Enjoy!

5 Likes

Love it! Especially the raid marker tool!

1 Like

@Riley_D did you remember to disable gatherer dragons in 10 man raids?

“Wilds as a party of 10, but you will only be able to pick up tradable loot that has dropped, and not be able to get drops from Aberrations or collect resources using your Harvestable tool.”

Yes, the gatherer dragons also will not work if you are in a 10-person raid.

Will there be a unique set for hardmode raids also?

It won’t be a totally new set but there will be some differences to distinguish it.

Also, I would really like to focus on getting the Transmogrification stuff out the door in the next few weeks, which would allow you to change the look of your gear to whatever your favorite set is, while keeping the stats of your current gear. So we’ll see how quickly we can get that done.

7 Likes

Yessssss!!! Transmog

Awesome! Can’t wait!

Looking forward to the 10-mans and being able to mark mobs. I’m excited for everything but the new mage armor. That seems like a complete miss to me. I do like the current armor minus the wooden barrel shoulder but, I’d recommend looking at some other games mages armor and draw some inspiration from that. I doubt I’m alone but do any other mages like the new armor set?

You’re not alone. I do like the helmet though. That’s about it

It looks like the new mage chest piece is an exact copy of the current ranger chest piece

If there’s one thing we’ve learned at this point, it’s that all gear styling is pretty subjective. That’s why I think the only real “solution” to any of that is just getting the Transmog stuff up and running, so you can just use whatever you think looks best, then we can focus on putting out lots of different fun various styles. Otherwise basically we’ll just forever be putting out the same stuff that some people will love and some will hate.

With a Transmog tool in the mix, it should really open up the artists to go for lots of different looks for each class, since each new gear set is just a new style to add to your list of options, rather than the thing you “have” to use to do the content because it’s what the stats are attached to.

7 Likes

I also should have asked. How about new weapon designs? New goodies coming?

1 Like

Exactly, thank you for the awesome content update and look forward to raid!

Is there a quest coming with the raid?

1 Like

Do you open every present before christmas ;)?

1 Like

Will there be a way to reset the dungeon but keep the same party leader whilst in the same week? A group of 10 people will only be able to fight (and practice getting the kills) the bosses 10 times for each boss by alternating who is the party leader. If there are groups that would want to kill more they would have to bring in new people?

Anyway there are resets of dungeons?

Or what do you mean by not have to kill the bosses or trash mobs =D

1 Like

Did you just assume I celebrate a religious holiday? #offended. :wink: jk lol

1 Like

Traannssmooooggggc!!!

This is amazing, I cannot wait! I’m extremely glad to hear about the token system!

Some quick questions! (As always, I understand that some things cannot be answered at this time)

• Can the tagger be used on players?
  • How do we obtain/purchase the tagger?
  • What is the reasoning behind not allowing players in large groups from harvesting? it seems like the automatic response would be players dropping for a second to harvest and getting reinvited by any of the other group members.
  • In previous references to hard mode content the dev language mentioned 21+ gear, but in this one it says that hard mode will be level 21, though the difficulty is still labeled as up to T10+. Are there still opportunities for players to statistically upgrade their gear with raids if they have T10 equipment from shards?
  • The wording was a little unclear on this… Do you only get raid tokens the first time you kill each boss in each mode each week, or can you get more later?
  • How many tokens will it take to buy a piece of equipment?
  • Can we buy any class gear with the tokens or are they locked to the class they were obtained with?
  • Does luck affect the chance to get the direct gear drop from the first kill each week?
  • Do players need to have completed the main quest line up through the Necropolar in order to get to (and/or participate in) the raid? (As the waystation is locked behind an energy barrier initially)
  • What type of feedback would you like on the raids as we move through them in terms of bugs/balance, etc?
  • What is the approximate expected time to complete these raids by appropriately leveled players, once the mechanics are learned?
  • Any tips for how we should approach this content?

Thank you in advance! Cannot wait to tackle this content!!