Dev World Boss Event

This was WAY too much fun. Like, this easily beat out shard dungeons, raids, etc. Hearing you go “RILEY SMASH” and laughing maniacally was hilarious. Looking forward to doing it again!

-Big Bob

4 Likes

LOL just joined for the first time, couldn’t earlier due to work, but that was so much fun, hands down one of the best Orbus-experiences, so far… especially once sound worked, we laughed so hard, and despite everyone dc-ed in the middle. I hope the dev-boss-fight perhaps makes a comeback, sometime, in the released game.

4 Likes

The dev boss events are possibly one of my favourite gaming experiences ever… so god damn fun

6 Likes

Have the events been packed full everytime?

Going to try and get in tomorrows.

I was there for todays (Saturday) event. That was amazingly fun :slight_smile: Thank you Riley for doing that, even though I got one shotted a bunch I couldn’t stop laughing at what you were doing/saying the entire time.
Someone had mentioned you should do that like once a month when reborn comes out and I think that would be a great idea if you did like the first Saturday of every month or something along those lines.
Just wanted to say thank you again for doing that, it was a blast!

4 Likes

We’ll be starting this morning’s fight in about 15 minutes. Lots fewer people online now (which is kind of expected given it’s early Sunday morning) so will be interesting to see how it scales with fewer people involved :slight_smile:

1 Like

So after we beat you this morning, Riley, we all got disconnected, and when I logged back in, my character inventory was not showing up, neither were the weapons in my hands, and I was in a completely different zone. Not sure if anyone else is having problems with their main character now, but I made a second and it seemed to work fine. Character name is Bilk.

1 Like

I am also having this issue, I load really far out of Highsteppe, there are no mobs, and my entire inventory is blank.After a minute or so I am disconnected. My character name is Aneas

Another great fight Riley! :slight_smile: hope I can make it to tonights one, looking forward to it :slight_smile:

we are looking into it currently ill update this thread Crashed and can't log back in properly (in the beta) when we figure something out

Final Dev Boss event will be kicking off in about 15 minutes. See you there!

Okay that’s a wrap on the event! Thanks for coming out to them everyone I had a lot of fun. Ran into a couple of technical hiccups but I will get those fixed.

Also I don’t know if anyone else noticed but the server-side pauses were getting fewer and fewer as we kept doing those, I’ve been running profiling traces on the fights all week to identify hotspots in our code that were causing those. So although we haven’t eliminated them completely I think we made a lot of good headway on them for sure. About 50% fewer by the metrics, so hopefully that will translate well across the whole game. You all fell for it my ultimate agenda was to do a giant stress test… :smile:

Til next time!

10 Likes

That was epic!!! Always a blast doing those Riley, thank you!! :slight_smile:
Just have to say that when you said, hah ha! Now I’m only going to attack… runemages!! I was like OH S*** and put my wand away :joy::rofl:
That was so much fun though :slight_smile: was glad I could be a part of it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I showed up to all but the last, it was so much fun! I’ll check through my recordings later this week and get something slapped together and posted :grin:

2 Likes

This event was AMAZING! All the jokes that were flung around, and the dancing around Orrbain’s feet, and the people that chugged Giant pots to try and match Orrbain in size! It was absoluteley stunning!.
I’m so sad I only had time to join in on the secon to last event due to other stuffs happening. I hope that you folks will consider to do something similar another time as well :smiley:

On a second note, after the fight I heard people talking about the title. And I am jsut wondering if that one was supposed to be awarded during this Beta (as in that you could unlock it now). If that is the case I didn’t get the title. (And if itsn’t added yet then just ignore what I just said xD )

Outlander further clarified in the unofficial community discord, “Yes the title will not be available until later, were just setting achievements right now so it will auto unlock later, and it will be account wide, not just tied to the character you are on.”

1 Like

Thanks Airis, just had to make sure, wouldn’t want to miss out on that glorious title :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like