Disparity between Runes on Pillars and Runes in Journal

There is a disparity between the way certain spells look on the pillars you find them on vs in the journal. This is particular noticeable for Frost 1 and Ice Lance, as pictured below.

This could be why newer players are getting frustrated with the spells. The runes on the pillars do not reflect how the spells need to be cast.

2 Likes

lol I literally just messaged @Mathieu_D yesterday about this.

Here are the 100% actual runes, I think (could be wrong). As ugly as they are, I find them highly consistent with many of the tricks I’ve learned to cast the various spells.
Frostbolt-1
Frostbolt-2
IceLance
Fireball-1
Fireball-2
Affliction-1
Affliction-2
Fireworks
LightCantrip
ManaShield-Lvl1
Polymorph
Pushback-Lvl1

Teleportation-initiate
ArcaneRay
ArcaneExplosion-2
GIATkCw

• Fireball with a bigger bottom right, and ending the spell underneath the start of the spine (etc).

However these do not help explain the key XYZ points necessary to cast, which is crucial.

We’ll make a note of it - you’d say that without any shortcuts the journal ones are much easier than the pillar ones?

Much easier. The two I linked in particular are next to impossible drawn the way the pillar shows.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.