Does Armor Matter?

Will my musketeer ever be able to take a hit? Seems like Bosses always have the ability to one shot me “AOE”
or just a charge shot" Im willing to bet even if i had on all Shard 10 Armor id still fall. It would be nice if my armor would save me from instant death when i make a mistake “fail to dodge”

There are fights in the game which you will have to take some damage. Like when killing adds on soul keeper or jungle Dino, or taking mist damage on mist keeper, or poison damage in the desert trio, sometimes youll even take a normal attack on sentry as well. In these cases your armor is a significant factor. The majority of aoes are intended to be one shots. The tank busters, charged attack, is also meant to one shot unless it hits a warrior shield.

1 Like

Unbanding is the solution! :slight_smile:

Thats what i was thinking.

I think the armour stat is somewhat useless at high end shards for DPS on most fights, If aggro is pulled on a high level shard boss and it crits you, You my friend is GG dead regardless of armour. It sucks that armour doesn’t offer any offensive/healing stats making armour upgrades actuality matter for DPS&Healer.

Youd think that a full set of magic resistance would save you from getting 1 shot in an AOE. :man_shrugging:

Yeah, But sadly it doesn’t have anywhere near the effect to nullify the damage, Best thing DPS and healers can do is rock full Physical it might help them survive a hit or 2 extra on Trash packs.

1 Like

Some unique class, set bonus’ would be very welcomed

2 Likes

The gear that you need changes with what you are fighting and some AOEs just cant be eaten. That said YES. I mean some are just squishy. Im a mage. There is no gearset that will let me tank or survive a boss. Period. But thats not my job. Im supposed to hide behind my stronger friends and melt faces. The armor does help me to survive walks to the boss, poison ticks, and some game mechanics that I dont want to spoil for you. Good gear makes a huge difference and is very useful.

I’d prefer to see more dodge mechanics and less insta-kill damage. In most MMO’s, yea if the big boss aggros you, you are going to die pretty fast unless aggro is part of the mechanic. But yea just for aoe’s etc is kinda like play flawlessly or die, or use Unbending. Unbending is lame. Should be like a warrior talent with a longer cooldown and just off of weapons completely, or not exist at all. Maybe an ability instead that you must hit 0 hp within 5 seconds or it’s wasted. I don’t think I’ve ever seen any pulsing AOEs either besides pools either, why can’t you just take rapid pulsing damage from more AOEs rather than big bursts? Or non-heat seeking projectiles you need to dodge, give me VR bullet hell dammit, I want to dance. \rant

_O_/

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.