Dragon bonus re-roll not working

I tried to re-roll my dragon bonus and I though maybe it just re- rolled into the same thing again. I did it a third time though and the same thing happened. Im not sure if its bugged or if RNGesus hates me.

Rng is the awnser to your querry

I really feel you on this! Happened to me again as well. I rolled the same thing. Give us a biscuit and let us pick which bonus we want. Don’t leave it to RNG

1 Like

Can a dev confirm if this is the intended thing to happen? Rerolling the same thing?

Yecal_Wulf situation has a 1/27 chance to happen which isn’t really rare but would really help us feel more secure if it was RNG and not a bug.

4 Likes

Yes please!
It happened again with another dragon. I gave him the treat and his bonus was the same did it again and it changed that time. The first dragon I’ve done it 3 times and it is still the same. Just want to be sure it’s not a bug

The weapons can be re-rolled without getting the current affix, I don’t see why dragons can’t be changed to do the same with the bonus traits

1 Like

Okay, I tried this again on my dragons, and I got jumper…4 times in a row!!! What is up!!! PLEASE GIVE US 3 DIFFERENT BISCUITS FOR EACH PET BONUS…PLEASE :smile:

This is ridiculous and needs sorting out, what’s more annoying is that the Devs aren’t even commenting to say if it’s intended to be this way or if it is indeed a bug

1 Like

It is very frustrating and I’d like a reply also. I am trying to build up a stock of plunder dragons for the kid group. It’s getting crazy though with having to buy so many treats just to re-roll the same dang bonus every time!
With the raids being just next weekend though I am sure that they are working hard to be sure that it’s ready for us.

2 Likes

Hey everyone! Sorry for the delayed response, it was the weekend after all! So yes, currently it is possible to re-roll the same bonus. I kept it that way because there are only 3 bonus to roll, so you have a pretty good chance of getting the bonus you want already. In the future when more bonuses are possible, it definitely makes sense to not allow the same bonus to roll. And sadly, it is possible for some people to get the short end of the RNG stick.

You can also save some money and just do breeding to get a dragon with a bonus if you think you are spending too much money.

My dragons have not been breeding a bonus in.

Why did you make it RNG? it’s not like its loot. we are purchasing the biscuits already at a high cost. why can’t we choose the bonus? or have 3 different biscuits to give us each bonus?

Could you at least change it so it’s like the weapon re-rolling where you can’t roll what you already have, that way it’s not horrible.

RNG can suck, but you could make it suck less, they way it currently is, you could roll jumper 4 times in a row like @Crazie did, that’s 8k dram without it even changing, at least if you have it so it can’t go to what it already is she can still get unlucky and get it change Jumper>Gatherer>Jumper>Gatherer>Jumper>Gatherer>Plunderer but there is still better chance for it to go to the one that is wanted.

You say save money and breed one, but so far I’ve bred 2 with bonus traits since it’s came out, but they both came out on dragon’s which weren’t the colour/size I wanted, Crazie was clearly happy with the colours she has on the dragon which is why she wanted to get the trait on it, but she has terrible luck so it’s ended up costing upwards of 10k to get the bonus trait

exactly! its costing me 10k and even others 10k for plunderer and that sucks! RNG is not in my favor. when we buy treats from a store…its not RNG. Breeding dragons that have the bonus is RNG because its free, but why do we need to pay for something that is RNG?

1 Like

Btw guys, this was in the bugs and technical issues sections. If you wish to comment on the system and persuade the developers why it shouldn’t be RNG I would suggest making a different thread.

As for Yecal_Wulf, I guess you got the short end of the stick. Continue trying, if you continue to get the same bonus please come back and tell us how many tries you have done. If the odds become astronomically high then it would renew interest into there being a weird bug of some sort. Sadly I’m poor and can’t help you in this endeavor.

took me like 10 cookies to get what i want on one of my dragons and yes few times it rolled the same thing… cost me 20k ><

That is a bummer and is not right.

1 Like

While we are keeping the treat RNG for the time being, we increased the bonus showing up chance on breeding so that it should be much much higher on the patch earlier today as a free/cheap alternative.

2 Likes

why don’t you just lower the price of the biscuit then? to 500?

1 Like

While the breeding chance increase is nice, it would be better if it can at least not roll to the same trait.

The breeding chance increase does nothing for those that already have the dragon they want.

2 Likes