Dragon jumper affix concept

This is pretty unimportant, but just an idea for down the line that might make jumper more valuable, especially for giving out to new players.

Jumper is (apparently okay - you don’t need to equip it to benefit), and .01% people might seriously use it.

Rather than have it reduce cookie-time, make the pet, upon petting for S seconds as the owner, a 2nd cookie. All jumper dragons share a jumper cooldown. The pet must be fed for this to work. Maybe add some visuals/audio to indicate jumper is ready, and when you are activating it. Add cooldown timer text to the jumper inventory item.

2 Likes

I use jumper all the time when farming resources. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are the .01%

1 Like

I’M FINALLY IN THE TOP 1% YEEEEES! I’m so happy :’)

3 Likes

This would make me not forget the jumper pet bonus even exists. currently I never use anything other than plunderer so this would make it an option.

Uhm what why… I also have a jumper in my inventory (no need to equip it), all the time since the OG. And it greatly speeds up my farming and event-hopping since I got no need to draw a portal to highsteppe, like every 2nd or 3rd batch of events I use the cookie instead.

Just lift your cookie and you see the timer (if anything, a timer needs be added on the cookie icon, not the dragon icon…) If I need to care for the jumper like this and pet and feed and what not it would really be useless tho, imo.

I was unaware you don’t need to equip it to gain the benefit, not horrible. I guess I’ll start carrying one. The benefit is so tiny there though. You are definitely .01%.

Still, it’s my opinion this is better for most players. Simply having a 2nd cookie available is more meaningful. It wouldn’t drain happiness to 0, just use like 1 rank or so.

Very few people care to obtain a jumper, and I’d say a tiny margin of players know that you only need to carry it (which should be more advertised, unless this is a bug lol). You are the first person I’ve seen ever say that, I’ll have to test. Basically anyone I’ve ever spoken to in-game thinks jumper is trash.

I assume you misunderstood my point here. If the dragon jump ability was able to teleport itself, it would have it’s own timer and thus necessary to view the time left. I agree another timer should go on the cookie as well, but avoided mentioning it as it wasn’t directly relevant.

I agree with that point … switching it with your plunderer dragon would indeed render it useless. We told each others - and new players - in the guild, in the OG already. Thought info is spreading like that to everyone, but apparently not. Perhaps it should say it on a tooltip also, but it’s likely a bit of a fuzz, programming-wise, to add that every time a dragon aquires this affix.

Minor inconvenience also for part-time pvpers, they need to care for storing it when switching on pvp or loose it when getting attacked. Fulltime pvpers will likely not carry one, at all, but well they also can’t port I believe, so… Edit: oh yea, that below is a good tipp, did not think about the non-tradable pets.

For pvp: make one of your holiday pets (not tradeable) a jumper though and you should be fine(wait for an event to come around). Or a store-bought one (but of course $$$).

1 Like

As a PvP enabled player, I almost never use my cookie

1 Like

Wait WHAT? How did I not know this… You are saying you don’t need to equip it ever? @Metris_Marshmallow Just have it in your inventory? Welp I am guessing I am getting one then xD

Scott… omg… the all-and-everything-knowing Scott… I do seriously hope you are joking!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: (would explain Ewok not knowing it either tho :grinning:)

There is always something new to learn. Even the devs don’t know everything :wink:

1 Like

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.