Drop level scale

Hey there guys :yum:

I was wondering how some of the low lvl players in Highsteppe have so good weapons. Like i saw Mage level 3 with a lvl 150 Wand…
Does the level for Itemdrops scale to your own level or is there something else to it?

The item drops in the game scale to the level of the monster you kill. So if you are Level 10 and kill a Level 12 monster, you get a Level 12 Wand.

However, the game caps the attack value of the wand to the max for your level. So for example, if a Level 12 Wand has 150 Attack Power, but a Level 10 weapon would only have 100 Attack power, and you are Level 10, even when you equip the Level 12 wand you will only get 100 Attack Power. Then when you level up to Level 11 it will go to 125, then at Level 12 it will become 150.

So basically rather than having a “minimum level requirement” for gear/weapons, we allow you to equip higher-level stuff but then just scale it down. That’s to help smooth out the RNG curve a little (so you don’t have to only use weapons and armor that you are fortunate enough to have drop AND are your level or lower).

2 Likes

Ah okay now i get it.

So my weapons get stronger the higher my level is?

Good to know!
Thanks for explaining!

It’s more like, your weapon caps out at your level. If you pick up a level 3 weapon at level 3, that will be its max level. It won’t level with you. But if you pick up (by some miracle) a level 19 weapon at level 3, it will level with you until level 19.

So, regarding your initial question, if you see a level 3 with a 150 weapon, they won’t be getting the full ability of that weapon until later.

But since there are only 20 levels, every weapon is capped out if you hit lvl 20?

Yes, a lvl 20 player is using the max attributes listed on a weapon of any current ingame level.

This is often a point of confusion for new players. Would it be feasible to enhance the tooltip to show this info.

Like maybe:
Power: 100 (150 max)

is it just me or does this concept still seem trivial and/or unnecessary.

Think of it this way, what stops a child from picking up a sword and using it? He can still use it , but won’t be the best he could be until he learns and grows wiser.

I like the system, prevents players from just being OP and powering through content, instead we have to learn to play our chosen specs.

3 Likes

lvl requirements do the same thing tho.

Lvl requirements would mean that you might end up carrying around that weapon and gear that is just one level higher so you can equip it as soon as you level up. Taking up precious weight in your inventory.

This lets us use the weapon immediately, scaled down for our specs level. Letting us make shards of anything we’re not wearing to reduce weight.

It’s the same thing basically but with different approaches, I just like this approach, it’s more convenient and also much nicer for inventory management.

2 Likes

I also like it better this way, but I agree with @Geldan, the actual values should be shown too to make it clearer for (new) players what values currently apply.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.