Dungeon Ready Needed

This may be unpopular, but you shouldn’t be able to que for dungeons till you are at least a certain level. I enjoy hopping into a que and helping people out and talking about the way to get stuff done. A bunch of lvl 2’s are not going to get anything done. It’s super fun to have a couple 30’s and a few 10+ and helping them with the stuff needed to beat win. Otherwise it’s just painful or pointless. I love talking strat with people, but there becomes a point were levels can’t overcome skill.

11 Likes

Agreed, joining a party and entering is fine, but for random dungeon que there should be a slight restriction, possibly on number of kills, so you at least get the basics of the class your playing.

4 Likes

I must have atrocious luck or the tool tip for dungeons pops up in the tutorial because my random dungeons look like this.

Level 1 scoundrel (healer)
Level 5 warrior (dps)
Level 30 everything (carry)
Level 10 shaman (tank)

Level 30 me ( swaps wand for musky )
The carry goes tank and we 2 do the dungeon while 3 party members are dead.

There is a dungeon ready roll …
why can you roll a new character and join the que as the first thing you do ? Level 1

You dont even need to move …
Someone could get into a dungeon for their first steps in orbus. You can complete a dungeon before entering highsteppe >.<

Need to actually use that dungeon ready roll and prevent people from queuing before that. But that will only help a little … prevent people from queuing as a tank or healer unless they have that class at a high enough level.

4 Likes

At this point I’m so jaded I rarely que for random dungeon anymore … unless I have someone who can tank with me to be the carry and I’ll swap to healer on a bad party roll … but that’s not fun …

It ruins the whole system.

I think there should be another tutorial at level
8-10 that gives you a full set of 10+1 dungeon gear and allows you access to the random dungeon que.

The quest ports you into a boss room and the guy outside highsteppe(with sword) teaches you to avoid common boss attacks and trains you on basic party mechanics defines dps heal and tank role and shows what they do with a mock ai battle you participate in and then you get the dungeon ready title that let’s you into the random que

Ala ff14

2 Likes

Lol @Espiticus as if healer was requiered with a 30 tank. If you can’t keep the group alive, there is no point in you beeing a healer. Go dps, and the dungeons will go a lot faster.

2 Likes

I have been in dungeons from the queue with level 2 and 3s. It would be helpful if you could not join the queue until you get the dungeon ready achievement at level 8.

2 Likes

My problem is rather the real many people which are on the demo or otherwise checkin out the game and just go afk or leave the group at start or midst dungeons. Real many small kids amongst them which for some unknown reason got a quest put on their head by parents and get bored real quick obviously (no clue how those find that button even, tho!!) and yes, this happens most of the time with the lowest levels, so I am all for giving the “dungeon ready” achievements its proper meaning.

2 Likes

Lol , it does , when I bring my own tank.
I go healer when I dont trust tank to live :laughing:

Thanks for pointing this out. It’s been an issue for me a lot lately. Just one dungeon ago the “tank” was a level 6 mage, and when asked if he was swapping to a tank he said “I’m new. Whats a tank?”. He wasn’t being sarcastic.

A level cap on what you can queue for might be a good solution. Let’s say you can’t queue until you’re level 10+. At which point you can only queue for that role. Other roles could open up sooner, say level 5 - as long as they at least have a level 10 in something else.

I don’t know if that makes sense.

4 Likes

One other thought, and this probably isn’t a popular one but, it’d be nice to have a checkbox on the dungeon queue that said “18+ Only”. I don’t mind going through a dungeon with children but sometimes it’s really bad. It’s not good for them or me and I can’t even curse about it =)

2 Likes

Something like this would not likely work. First in our timezones the queue would never pop due to lack of people. Second, how would you even check that. I hardly know any games or apps where kids do not just tick the “SURE I am 18”-button :wink:

(Also, third, there is a skill diffference between actual “kids”, say around 10 or younger, and teens around 16, many of which are very good players in the game.)

5 Likes

let me buy a chit from the in game store for 1 penny that says “I know what a Tank , Healer , and Dps are and wont stand in fire” Then let me que with all the people who purchased it.

117713698_10163797630660104_7786147626527477534_n

7 Likes

Maybe there could be some kind of system like “what is your class(es)” and then the game takes it from there

1 Like

@Pherosis, my god! don’t give the DEVs any ideas! :smiley:

2 Likes

I agree to an extent. If you just que up randomly their should be a level restriction. Than again in you and you buddy’s are in a party, and say one of them is under leveled they should still be able to join. They are in your party you want them to be there.

1 Like

Sounds reasonable Julian_P, I think the dungeon ready achievement should dictate if you get on the queue unless you are in a party with a friend over the minimum level. Just my interpretation.

1 Like

Holy fire arrow, anyone?

1 Like

Can we have something like level specific dungeons were they only unlock in the queue if your a high level? Gives you something to look forward to as you level rather then getting every dungeon instantly, as well as fixing the dungeon ready problem.

I simply don’t see how your way underleveled friend can be carried through a shard unless its a full group of 30’s that got together. I also don’t see how that;s fair to expect the others to carry them through the shard. Getting level 8-10 is REALLY easy. That also allows the class to a few class skills. But if you had a full group you could simply walk into the tree.