Duration and timing of future Pre-Alpha/Alpha/Beta tests

Hi all, new player (hopefully) here.
I noticed that the February 23 pre-alpha stress test took place from 12:00 to 22:00 central time.

I understand that was just a stress test, but am I right in assuming that as OrbusVR is an MMO, it’s servers are intended to eventually be on 24/7?
Would it be worth trying an endurance stress test of say several days?

As someone who lives in a different time zone (UTC+9), I’m looking forward to more accessible times :slight_smile: (when OrbusVR is ready, of course).

2 Likes

He has stated that the closed alpha tests will be 48+ hours on the kickstarter. I’m sure they will differ in time depending on the situation but there are longer tests ahead of us :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We’re going to be putting out an official testing schedule post-Kickstarter with the dates and times of the tests over the next 3 months or so, but in general the Closed Alpha tests are going to be around 48 hours, and the Open Alpha tests will be shorter (likely 12 or 24 hours). But yeah if you’ve got access to the Closed tests we’ll definitely make sure to keep it open long enough that you can play it no matter what your timezone is.

Once we move into Closed Beta (and beyond), the servers should be up 24/7.

4 Likes

Thanks for the replies. That’s great news. I’m really looking forward to this game :).

2 Likes

Here’s the (tentative?) schedule as we’ve been given so far if you missed it.

Closed Alpha Testing

April 20th, 2017 (48 Hours)
May 5th, 2017
May 19th, 2017
June 2nd, 2017
June 16th, 2017
June 30th, 2017

Closed Beta Begins: July 2017
Early Access Release: December 2017

Sources:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rileydutton/orbusvr-virtual-reality-mmorpg

1 Like