Economy Thread Type

With very little out in terms of standardized pricing on items and location to setup trades without standing in town or going on the Unofficial Discord. I think a thread type or complete separation with similar live feed to the community forums allowing pinned threads owned by the stall owners to update and list their own market stall pricing along side individual player listing for competitive pricing would be nice.
The economy will continue to grow in game as intended but more than just the stall owners will have a say in what the pricing should be. As the existing stall owners obtaining profit on top of profit, they can continue to outbid the rest of the community on stalls without being contested. There will continue to be benefit to bidding high for stall location as it would still be outside the game but the stall owners would need to be able to take more benefit via constant updating of item availability and competitive pricing.

Personally, the stalls tend to contain mostly the same items which is silly when I’m looking for something specific and need a wider audience to announce to hunt down certain items in bulk.

3 Likes

Not sure I’d be a fan of that. I like everything to be in-game. I think it would be better to have a search option in game where you could search for a specific item at a stall. Also, if they put in where the stall owners can set a price to buy from certain items, I think that will help. Most stalls are guild owned, not single player owned. If you are a guild, you can pool your money together to get a stall. I suspect most of the people that bought a stall in HS this last time around lost money or broke even.

That is the stall owners fault. There is plenty to sell that other stalls don’t have or aren’t selling. If they are all the same wares, that is good for the buyers as it drives down prices.

Spoken as a wealthy man with a personal stall and fellowship stall…
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

lol, I only have a personal stall. I have nothing to do with the fellowship stall as I am a separate entity competing against it. You can only have one or the other.

Oh forgot about that little tid-bit. I would definitely prefer an in game method for keeping up with listings but as it is, I would rather the devs keep their focus on their sprints. In comparison to adding another thread with separate feed which would be marginally less effort in my opinion.

This is, by my best guess, the biggest thing needed for the economy. As it stands, most players do not use the discord or the forums and are, thus, poorly equipped to engage in the market. The biggest problem with their disconnection is that they are incentivized to stockpile components, for when they find a use for them, or simply sell to the blacksmith for near nothing. That packs a double whammy of:

• Removing components from the economy without use.
  • Making the average player just plain poor, and unwilling/unable to buy expensive goods.

Quite simply, I love the market stalls as opposed to a central, single market, but giving market stalls a monopoly on making money is going to be anemic to the economy.

Four words.
Auction. House. Listing. Fees.

(and more words)
The current set-up does not scale, and it’s tedious. I see a future alternative being a player-ran website where people will circumvent the restraints of in-game trading and make their own listings (if the game ever became large enough). It’s difficult to interact with the economy right now, very difficult (and it’s a small economy).

1 Like

what are you looking for decoy ill make sure my stall is stocked with plenty if people made requests id make sure it was stocked…

Slandaro

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.