Elijah's self-indulgent art thread and shenanigan shack

There’s some mean guy in charge who keeps telling Elijah he has to censor the art to hide stuff that’s not in-game yet before it gets shared. Man that guy is the worst.

7 Likes

Don’t listen to him! He’s just covering for me because i like to write embarrassing motivational notes to the dev team in the margins. Here’s the totally not altered or doctored in any way 30 seconds ago uncensored original

5 Likes

Accurate and true. :smile:

2 Likes

Employee of the month @Elijah_W :smiley:

I have missed so much of this incredible thread and I just got all caught up!

@Elijah_W You are one talent’d Mamma Jamma. Gotta say as a 3-D Artist myself, It fills my heart with such joy to see Blender in all it’s open-source majesty. I’d personally love to see more of the 3-D work but all these concepts and WIP are pure eye candy as well!

Keep up the fantastic work!

1 Like

Are you as hyped as I am for blender 2.8? Between that and godot 3.0, 2018 is gonna be a -uh-mazing- year for open source.

1 Like

I’m stoked for it! I knew about Godot 2.0 when I was going to school but I didn’t know 3 is already that close! Blenders my go to modeling practice app, I almost even used it on a TV show where I was working as a 3-D Artist. Had to do torrents of blood coming from a guys arms, and I’ve loved Blenders fluid system since 2.49. Luckily Bi-frost on Maya can do some crazy stuff too!

1 Like

Oh boy oh boy… It’s a special, special day today. I’ve finally got the all clear to post some of the more recent stuff that I’ve been hyper excited about. There’s only a small batch to start, but I’ve chopped it up into bite sized chunks so I can string y’all along for a bit >:D

Let’s get started then!

In hindsight, I don’t think an entity made from water would have a bellybutton.

7 Likes

That’s an awesome looking character! I’m excited to see the water-hair-tendrils after they’re animated and all Davy Jones-y! Maybe for the bellybutton dilemma you could have a Pearl or a Sea Shell actually floating inside the character in the position of a bellybutton. Could even be a weak point if these are gonna be an enemy type as well. No good shooting an arrow into a bunch of water that resembles a head but a physical weak point would make sense.

Q: Is monday madness still monday madness if it’s totally predictable?

Here’s another NPC from that batch, more to come soon. I love how smarmy this guy looks.

3 Likes

He is rather swarmy :smile: looks great!

I have a question. Did you design the swords? They look awesome, but they’re really flat. Is there any way to make them a little beefier? It feels great to swing a chaotic blade into the face of a cactaur. If the swords were a little thicker I think they’d look/feel heavier and have the “oomph” hard hitting chaotic slashes it’s lacking. Design wise I love how diverse and stylized they are

Nah, I didn’t design those. Good thing too, cause If I had, they’d probably all just be straight up rip-offs of ganons sword from windwaker with palette swaps. My visual library for fantasy weapons needs work :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: i think i meant twilight princess? I actually don’t know. The one he had in smash bros, I think. I love that thing.

Also, rando open question for anyone who stumbles into this thread and cooks:

How the fudge do I get the smell of garlic off my hands after chopping it? It’s been a day and a half with vigorous scrubbing and I’ve still got nasty garlic fingers!

2 Likes

Haha nothing wrong with that :stuck_out_tongue: I hope dyes are added. I love color options even if the overall design/model is the same

Stainless steel. Yep sounds silly, but it works.

1 Like

thank you!!! brb gonna go fondle some cutlery

3 Likes

Awesome artworks! Loving em… and I usually am into Japanese anime/manga style drawings…

This hits the right buttons for me when it comes to aesthetics!

1 Like

Well, apparently when i said ‘brb’ I meant ‘in a month’ :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess I’ll drop a double dose today since I’ve been absent so long. There were two more npc’s in the set i was posting before i mysteriously vanished, so here they are:

As a side note, today is noteworthy in the most underwhelming way possible: I’ve officially completely filled up the notebook I use to keep track of all things orbus. I’ve been using this one since last november, so it feels like some kind of accomplishment, to be sure.

6 Likes

The mythical orbus notebook in it’s coffee-stained glory:

8 Likes