February Pre-Alpha Test Feedback Thread

Consistently having the server time out and make me reconnect :frowning:

Is there no controller assisted turning? I need to play seated and I cant turn at all.

Did you download 0.86? That should fix it.

Go into your Player Menu and under the Gear icon choose ā€œTracking Typeā€, then ā€œFront Facing.ā€

Then hold down the Grip button on the locomotion controller (the one you teleport with) and use the trackpad/thumbstick to turn left and right.

What happens when you go to http://api-game.orbusvr.com/

"Cannot GET / "

Thatā€™s all thatā€™s shown.

Okay thatā€™s normal, I was just making sure you could connect to it. What about http://game.orbusvr.com ?

just a page with ā€œUpgrade requiredā€

Says Upgrade Required.

Also why did I just get a message that someone reported my screenshot? Huh.

Okay, thatā€™s normal too. Weird.

Iā€™m honestly not sure whatā€™s going on. If you can connect to those two places it should show the server as online. Are you behind a restrictive firewall or anything?

I am behind a university firewall, but itā€™s not restrictive at all. Iā€™ve never seen it block anything before.

I have Avast but donā€™t have the firewall activated, but I know that the ā€œsecurityā€ features have caused problems in the pastā€¦ Think that could have something to do with it?

Are you having the same issue as Baxter?

Huh, weird. Just tried connecting to the server via wifi, it works fine. Only ethernet thatā€™s a problem. Guess the university has the ethernet weirdly configured. Sorry to trouble you!

No worries. Glad you got it working.

In terms of trying to connect to those specific web pages? Or was there some other issue? Iā€™m waiting on the 0.86 patch to download so I thought Iā€™d jump in and help out here if I could lol

Oh haha, no that was just for Baxter since it was showing Server Offline for him. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah haha gotcha! Well Iā€™ve been having some connection issues as well but hopefully the 0.86 patch will help. Will check in again if the issue persists

Well the server has been crash-free for about 45 minutes now. If youā€™ve had connections during that time, please be sure you downloaded 0.86.

In around 5 minutes we will reboot to change the difficulty of the low-level monsters.

1 Like