Feedback from a new player (long)

Yeah, I knew they were under-tuned when I watched a scoundrel one level lower than me blow through mobs I was barely finishing off. I’ve done more more research and it appears in general Ranger needs some love as they are basically gimp runemages with no utility or support right now.

There have been several threads devoted specifically to this question, so I’ll keep it brief here in the hope you take a look through some of those:

Top ranger damage comes in some 5-10% less than top runemage damage. That said, you can get to within the top few percents of ranger damage with relative ease and a decent amount of practice, while the top mage stuff is much more difficult to achieve. The difference in damage is reflective of that divide. Whether something will be done to change that is up to the devs at this point

I’d say it takes almost the same amount of practice to get really god at ranger as really good at mage.
Hitting those week points isn’t easily done

I think you can hit weak spots with regularity, but hitting the spells per second of Sift is like… Not a chance.

Which still doesn’t address the complete lack of utility or support.

If Ranger is to get a modification, it should come in the form of an additional arrow slot (at the very least), plus changing how the weakspots work to be less of a cooldown and more of a stacking system. Just my 2-cents

Totally agree about weak spots, it should be more controlled as opposed to based solely on time.

imo, there should always be one up and it should move when you hit it. This would make ranger more about aiming properly instead of just arrow spam.

1 Like

btw…what do the top rangers use? critical aiming or needler?

Needler is what myself and several rangers use. I find its better for all the trash and over world mobs. You could possibly do more damage on bosses (if you can keep 30 meters) but you loose so much on the adds and trash.

1 Like

Ok Jury is out for me, Ranger sucks ass. I’m having an easier time/less TTK with a damn support class on Musketeer than Ranger. Officially done with this class until they figure it out.

The class has been figured out. You either didn’t take on the tips that were given out here or it’s just not the class for you.

2 Likes

i mean… i’m a ranger… it is annoying on trash mobs when they come at you… but you shouldnt deal less than a support… that doesn’t make sense.

If you are precision and you are shooting at the beginning of the bar (instead of at the end), you wont deal very much damage.

1 Like

There is nothing wrong with the class. If you are not able to play the class well then the simple answer is to practice the class more. This game isn’t going to hold your hand so don’t expect anything to be easy.

You may all very well be right, but I don’t care. I am able to kill things easier on a support class than a DPS class, that’s all I need to know.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.