Feedback Request: Supers

Hey everyone,

So I’m interested to hear feedback on the Super charge rate you all are seeing in practice. My goal right now is just to make sure it’s generally even among all the classes…it may be a little slow right now globally, but if that’s the case I can just add in a global modifier to make it a little faster. But the first thing is making sure that it’s pretty even to begin with.

So now that we’ve fixed the bug on the Warrior, please let me know throughout the day how you’re finding it for your class and we’ll go from there.

Thanks!

1 Like

Speaking from the experience of a 16 warrior/18 ranger. I have no comment on dungeons due to only doing the pre-20 content.

As a solo player, it feels a little slow. Moreso on Ranger, though I have no empirical data - I think it’s partly because I trigger the warrior one mainly to survive whereas Ranger’s is to take down the odd tough or elite npc. I die more as ranger and lose the ult, and almost never die on the warrior.

I mainly play solo, and a small tuning towards faster Super generation, or even a modifier for playing solo would be fun to try. For sure we don’t want overwatch style ult spamming, however as of right now it feels like an afterthought to the point it isn’t part of my regular solo kit.

Just did the potion boss a few times today and last night. Including trash mobs and relatively steady spell casts on the boss, I’m lucky to get a super by the time we bring him down to 20%. If I fizzle/miss more than a few spells on the way up or during the battle I won’t get one at all. Contrast that to pre-Nerf, I would sometimes get as many as five on an eight minute sentry boss battle. unfortunately I don’t play other classes enough so I can’t compare, but I can tell you I don’t think I saw anyone else use a super today. My gut check is that the classes are probably in line now, so if the intent is one super per ~1.5-2 mins, that global modifier might be in order.

Yeah I guess really what I’m looking for is more, do you feel like your super is charging as fast (or slowly) as everyone else’s? So that’s helpful thanks.

I can’t really tell. At least I can get a super now as a soloing ranger, it used to take 1h to gett it full, if I diddent die before that! Now it’s more like 10min battle time :blush:. Mages have clearly bin nerfed, I could could get one every minute when I first started, now it’s more like one per 5 min battletime. Count in the loss for ranger CC and it’s probably the same with my current skill.

the musket super charge rate is great the archers is too slow for me but mostly works the other classes I’ve not relay had much of a full out try for seeing how fast I could charge it.

i felt the ranger and mage charge rate was insanely fast to begin with for such a powerful attack it seems even faster on ranger the last day or so seems to me something that should be charged them saved up as a kind of last ditch life saving attack shouldnt charge fast. it should charge at a medium pace then be saved till you really need it.

just my two cents,
Slandaro

I did the dungeon near the burning forest today as a musketeer. We did wipe a few times, and I think that resets it, but I never actually used my super. I can’t remember how it charges, but I was generally loading a heal and waiting to use it to best effect. I think that as I wasn’t spamming my damage shot, it wasn’t charging the super. On the couple of times I thought to use it, it wasn’t up.

I almost never use it in the open world. When i do think of using it (i.e. about to die) either it isn’t ready or I’m too slow and die anyway. I can’t ever recall a situation where I popped the super and thought “yeah, glad my super was up”.

I’m not brilliant at the game, so it might just be lack of awareness on my part.

As a warrior I think it charges at a great rate, tho since in the last 1-2 days I couldn’t use it at all, I had to realise the warrior super is a bit too weak, I mean all the bosses are doable without the ultimate, and don’t need any extra effort imo.

I kindly suggest you re-examine the possibilities of the warrior ult.

2 Likes

New ult charge time is amazing. I love that it’s tilted toward sword over shield. 10/10 I’m invincible again

1 Like

I still get my ultimate only once per boss fight as a ranger.

once per fight isnt often enough for you? its an ultimate i dont see why it should go off anywhere near that often it shouldnt be another attack you use every fight it should be an attack for emergency or something

As Shiki said per boss fight specifically, it would be cool to have a frequency that allows for 2 uses on a tank and spank type boss, and other encounters where you wouldn’t want to just pop it whenever it’s up. Instead, the Super would be saved for strategies involving burn phases, big waves of ads, that sort of thing. It adds a fun mechanic that encourages teamwork and allows well coordinated groups to get an edge. The alternative is something that would only be up every other fight and an unreliable thing pushing content in endgame - “Let’s just wipe this round, next pull we should have our ults up by 70% and we can try and burn the boss”.

As a ranger i second the fact it only goes off once per fight, which is pretty harsh on fights like tank keeper where you have to burn the tanks fast as i need to save my ult for the last tank so it doesn’t completely reset if we only have 2 dps

As a mage, i never liked the ultimate, it felt pretty weak… not very powerfull, not very usefull (it only does damages).

The part i liked was the skill oriented charging of the ultimate, rotating and not missing spells, now it barely make a difference… and the ult is still as weak as before…

Time wise, i charge 2 or 3 times slower than before (1 or 2 ult per boss battle), seems in line with other classes as far as i know

I think that not only the time it takes to charge but also the “usefullness” should be taken into consideration when balancing ult
i would be interested to see the difference in damage output between the ranger and mage ult…

Yeah, I have the same experience with the Runemage Ultimate now. In terms of strength, function and impact, it’s basically a double-icelance most of the time (and maybe a triple ice-lance if you crit). It’s used instantly and is gone, as opposed to all the other ultimates having a duration. I used to be able to use it a couple times per major boss fight, and now it’s down to maybe once per.

tl:dr off-topic response to @seb_D

Summary

That’s tricky, as the mage ult is a one-shot where the Ranger ult is a global damage increase. Mages only have one shot to miss, while Rangers have 18 shots in the 6 seconds their ult is active. It also depends on which ability arrows are used, e.g. poison vs fire.

A mage can use an ult to clear several trash mobs in one shot, as it passes through all targets, while Ranger has to choose which ability arrows are most effective for the particular encounter, single-target or AoE.

Mage ult only has one chance to crit, but Ranger shots each have their own crit roll which can skew the numbers for or against them.

Mage ult doesn’t benefit from range, but Rangers can increase their damage by up to 35% with range buffs.

My best suggestion is to compare numbers from a tank and spank style boss fight like Sentry or Mist Keeper, as the large hitboxes give Ranger a lower chance to miss and allow them to be closer while still gaining range bonus, and then compare to a fight like Soul Keeper or Mutated Worm where several adds can be cleared by the mage at once and Rangers can’t always get their range buff.

Essentially, it’s not just cut and dry.

2 Likes

Okay, so I’m hearing that we’re at around once per boss fight with Ranger and Mage, so those seem very even (leaving aside the discussion of ult power for now). Warriors where are you at after that bugfix? Once per fight or more often? And Musketeers?

Again, my goal right now is just get them even, then we will globally decrease the time a bit since it sounds a little too slow perhaps.

I’m getting around 2 supers per fight. I use the super sparingly but at certain moments I think it’ll have the most effect (pretty much the intended way). It charges faster than before for me because I’ll be constantly attacking while many others sit back and just block (totally viable and easier passive tanking). I think it rewards more active players which is amazing.

1 Like