Fellowship Name Character Limit

So apparently I forgot to put in a character limit on Fellowship names. This was obviously an oversight on my part, and we’re correcting it.

There is now a 32-character limit on Fellowship names. If for some reason your Fellowship was more than 32 characters long, you can contact me and tell me what you would like it updated to. Otherwise it will automatically be truncated on Monday.

I don’t think this should affect most Fellowships but at least one was obviously abusing the system so we’re having to put this limit in to place.

Thanks!

4 Likes

I feel like there should be an interesting story behind this. Did someone write a epic story as their Fellowship name?

2 Likes

Someone had a Fellowship name that had around 30 words (not characters) in it.

It was amusing, but clearly broke the display in the game, so we’re putting in the limit.

2 Likes

I love these kind of stories!
:smile:

I did see the picture for a second before the post changed or something. It was very entertaining.

Not very pretty but very funny.

5 Likes

I chased one of those guys from the Highsteppe meadow past Narrow Orchard cause I wanted to be close enough to see what it said :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I was grouped with one of them today and just rolled my eyes when first saw it. “Well I think I know what’s gonna show up in the next patch notes”

5 Likes

I always hated it when people abused these kinds of oversights when I was a dev, they typically didn’t alert me either so we would have to find out from other players.

you can thank the ding dongs in bing bongs for that

i was just going to suggest the option to hide guild names because of this but this is such a better fix

The bing bong guy was hilarious. I was on when he made that fellowship and he had a pretty funny recruitment spiel.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.