Fishing Gear "Tier 2"

So, apparently there was a bug on our end where you can obtain “Fishing Gear Tier 2”. The name is so generic because we literally hadn’t meant to put it in yet, haha.

It’s cosmetic-only fishing gear which we are going to use as the style for the next tier of fishing gear quests. When it’s received as a quest reward, it will have actual stats, but right now if you get it, it has Armor and Durability (as opposed to actual Fishing-related stats which it will eventually have).

Since it was our mistake and I don’t think it actually affects game balance at all (other than perhaps making it so that you actually have Armor on yourself when you’re a Fisher), we’re just going to leave it in as a fun Easter Egg.

If you don’t want to figure out how to get it now, worry not, as you will be getting it with “better” stats eventually from a quest anyway. But I just wanted put up a general PSA since I’m sure some people might be confused how others are running around with this gear. It’s not an exploit at all, it was just an oversight on our part, once you figure out how to get it you will understand how it happened I think, and I doubt the first people who got it even meant to do so, it was probably just by accident.

Anyway, good luck and good hunting :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yeah its funny as heck and love it :slight_smile: do not need stats for this hat

1 Like

Thank you for this explanation Riley and I can’t wait to see more sweet sweet fishing gear!

Don’t know where you get it from but I just saw someone wearing it. Absolutely love that hat. It’s a masterpiece! :smiley:

I was with the group that discovered this, Milkman is the one who stumbled upon it quite by accident. I won’t spoil how to obtain it, but let me just say that it was some of the most fun I’ve ever had in this game when we discovered something that shouldn’t be there (and we all agreed there). I spent an extra 3 hours streaming just so a bunch of us could get (almost) all of the pieces.

It was a lot of fun, and in the future, I hope you put items in the game and don’t tell anyone about them, the discovery process was one of the most enjoyable parts.

3 Likes

I was also in the group when we found it and we had a fun time trying to see if it was a troll but it was awesome none the else. Me Aeon, Milkman, and two more was the ones to find it but milk was the one to find out.

Lol, was in the group as well. Think I’m a server first on the hilariously awesome helm. Was a blast!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.