Fishing QoL tweaks

This has all been suggested before, but mostly in comments on threads and it’s really small things that shouldn’t take long to change and would be such a big QoL improvement for fishing.

main improvement: either, reduce the amount the fishing rod vibrates a lot(like down to 10% of what it currently is) or completely remove the vibration for reeling in and only have vibration for when a fish bites so you can easily tell when a fish bites just by the vibration. An animation on the fishing pole, like it bending a bit could also do the trick, but that would probably be more work.

Secondary, not quite as important Improvement: either add a icon for the fishing potion to the exp bar, have the end of the rod glow a little when you have a fishing pot active or put your buff icons on your fishing rod as well. Really annoying not knowing exactly when the potion ends.

7 Likes

Fishing vibration slider in options would also do the trick. I “count”(by feel) the vibrations to cycle my reeling personally.

An animation when you get a bite would be amazing tbh. I still miss fish sometimes + I think that would look really good. Just bend the rod sharply when you get a bite and snap it back when the fish escapes or after you catch it.

I would like a cast net. To be able to catch a few fish at once maybe just take a bit longer to pull in and be harder to do so.

1 Like

just barely, with it at max I still need to give it more focus than I’d like to feel every bite.

…and hand-crafted by tinkering profession; and you’ve won my buy-in.

Still really annoying to fish btw, really shouldn’t be that much work to remove or massively decrease the rumble while reeling in.

1 Like

The point i most miss about fishing was sitting down, starting a movie in a overlay, and just lazily fishing.

Probably 1/3 of my playtime in orbus

Not really a option any more

1 Like

Yup I miss that too

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.