Fishing - Reel Gear Ratio

Please increase the gear ratio on these fishing reels. When i cast it takes forever to reel it back. If I get a fish on (Happens nearly every cast) Increase retrieve time by 3x or more. I know you want to provide a game experience with hours/days of play time, but please don’t make reeling in line so time consuming.

I’d recommend you change the sound and haptic feedback when you have a fish on to include the clicker of drag being pulled from the reel. When this sound is made the player should stop reeling and wait for the fish to tire and start reeling again (just like you would do when fishing for real) Along with this sound/haptic the fish should actually move sporadically so you have a visual indication of this as well. This will allow for longer fights, without having to constantly reel in 1 mm of line per turn.

So, I think the line should reel in much faster than you’re describing and there is a system in place already where tension builds on the line (visible by the line changing from white to red) and you must quit reeling to release tension on the line. During this time the fish can and often do move around sporadically as well. Are you experiencing any of this?

Personally, I find the line changes to red very quickly, maybe two rotations of the reel handle and the line has gone from White to Very Red. I do get the red line on every fish, so I’ve developed a pattern of one reel rotation, wait 3 seconds, reel rotation, 3 seconds, …, until I’ve pulled in the fish. It is time consuming if/when you cast far out (which I try to do). I don’t know what the fish is doing to be honest, I’m staring at that line to make sure I don’t lose the fish and the lure.

1 Like

Change up your cadence. I’m able to reel 3 turns fast, let go, wait .5-1 second, and repeat. This prevents the fish from pulling away and eliminates line tension.

thanks Cowbow, I’ll try it next time I’m fishing

Are you by any chance running on Ultra?

I’m on Low graphics at the moment

Sorry, I meant the OP.

I believe that yes I am on Ultra settings atm. I will have to check when I get home this evening to verify 100% tho.

There is a bug currently where it is much harder to reel in on Ultra and also the line doesn’t turn red.

Ok, that makes more sense. I will test again on a lower setting tonight and report back.

Edit:
I will say tho that so far when fishing on my current settings (I have caught Sunfish and Bass), the whole time I just retrieved, never changed rate of retrieval, paused or anything and have never lost a fish or lure.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.