Forbidden Temple

Anyone mind tossing me a clue?

I’ve been to the temple-looking building in rainforest behind the tall grass…I found the cube and stone teaching spell runes in the back. Is this the right place for the Forbidden Temple quest?

I’ve read on the forums that there is some issue regarding glitching and an oddly placed handle, but I don’t see how that helps me from what I see inside.

Any help please? Been stuck on this for a few days and although I respect the desire to not spoil quests I’m wondering if I need help with this one because of some buggy quest issues.

Thanks.

PM’d

(20 characters)

I understand that there is supposed to be a coffin. I don’t see one though. Am I in the wrong place?

Sounds like you’re in the right place… just gotta look again I guess.

If you are facing the entrance, coming in from the tall grass, you want to check out the left side of the temple. There is something standing upright that looks kinda sarcophagus-ey. You can open it with a latch on the side (your hand will turn yellow) or you can stick your head inside and grab the spawn staff directly.

1 Like

It is usually a good practice to stick your head in anything that looks interesting. Be is doors, walls, trees, tombs, rocks, warriors (That Sentry boss right?), green dragons (pre-nerfed Rainforest fight?), etc.

So i was doing this today after coming home from work. I saw the coffin - which i thought was a statue. Then after examining it grabbing randomly around it and not getting any “response”, i went into the courtyard.

The i saw the sign for the Fireball III spell (yes, i have looked at spoilers). Then i thought, ok, i need to cast that either on the rock the symbol is on to activate something, or i need to cast it on the statue which i now know is a coffin.

In short, i have 2 issues with this:

• 1: There is a locked thread with this issue from back in february, and this thread which is 15 days old. Why has this not been fixed yet? Anyone going to the correct place should be able to see the grip spot to open the coffin instead of this stupid (pardon my french) glitching through it or “knowing” in advance that it is something that can be opened if you just so happens to grab at the right spot…
  • 2: This is turn will also make people (or maybe just me) realize that the rock with the rune in the inner courtyard is not connected to the quest.
  • 3: Why is this rune not on a pillar with the ability to copy it into the journal?

This convolutedness (and date of a known but still unfixed main quest bug) baffles me to be quite honest…

Edit:
I might add that while frantically trying to cast fireball 3 to test out what i thought to be the mechanic, a friend called me up and i left the place to help him on some previous MSQ steps. So yeah, i need to go back and do stuff which i now know how to do, but really shouldn’t have knowledge of from this source.

And just to make it perfectly clear, there is NO visible handle indication:

Even after knowing it is there, it took a good while to find it. And grabbing it “accidentally” twice, i still wouldn’t be able to tell you exactly where that spot is, other than it being somewhere in the marked area here:

That is just not ok knowing of such an easily fixable bug on the main story quest, and leaving it hanging for 4 months!

Because it’s a 3 dimensional spell, you can’t put that onto a 2d page

1 Like

Here’s a 3D image on 2D paper published in 1797:

If they could figure out how to draw 3D back then for origami folding, we can damn well represent a rune sign in 3d in a virtual reality game in 2018 if you don’t mind me saying so…

2 Likes

Even more so, in this game we have “actual” magic. I can think of many ways this could be implemented, not only as 2D approximates as above, but also in 3D on both a pillar and the journal. Here’s one of the more obvious ways since it practically screams (pun intended) to be used in a simpler form of this:

1 Like

What about removing the need to open the sarcophagus and just have it already opened or halfway opened? And or just have the staff displayed on a stand and not in a box??

And as for the journal pages. I don’t think there was ever an issue with it being a 3D spell on a 2D space… But rather its a level 3 spell and I think since its a level 3 spell its a more of a secret and a knowledge factor to define it from the other spells. Because you could just draw it on a 2D page with the 3D portion in a red color indicating its 3D or something.

The 200IQ play what most people do is to lean into the sarcophagus! Jokes aside this does needs to be left open or a door handle visible.

This is patch that Im working on along with some others that will be coming out soon.

1 Like

Yep, if you recognize it as a sarcophagus :smile:
Due to the arms and head i saw it as a statue, and after seeing the fireball 3 sculpture, i figured i had to light a fire in each hand. Or to put it shortly, i overthought it quite a bit :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.