Futrue Boss Abilities

Will future bosses have different abilities? Other than Poison pools and AOE’s.

Maybe being able to knock the whole group back or have them pick someone up by their head and throw them across the room…

So different mechnics would be great, but those are also mechnics that would make the game difficult for people with motion sickness to play

What if it just teleports teleport loco players back instead of forced movement? Also some aoe that moves instead of all at once, think like ripples out, or a spin attack that shows the reach and impact area of the weapon spin around the enemy, maybe you have to teleport or even duck

I think Riley mentioned something like this for in the future content also more projectiles or dodge or something

1 Like

More variety is fine, but something like “ducking” means you need a playspace allowing that. I know ducking from beatsaber and other games, but on the 1x1 space I play at times it is just painful even attempting that. Also there’s players in wheelchairs which would be possibly left out of a bossfight which needs more body involvement; so it would likely cause more trouble than fun.

As for even more complicated AoE mechanics, before seeing those I’d like to see more stability for the existing or for VR as a whole. Some AoEs are extremly sensible to lags, as it looks like, like seeing yourself standing 5m outside and still get hit, others are possibly larger than they appear to be. I also notice with poor sensor setup you seemingly need more jumps to leave an AoE than other players.
So a fast moving AoE, likely, would make the game unplayable for those with tech issues.

I don’t think ducking would be easy to do either due player height, would someone who plays sat down even be able to duck or would they already be classed as ducking due to being lower the the ground

All great points. Maybe a button to duck, or bring both controllers down, or something… I don’t know what’ll work or not, but I’m just thinking in terms of things specific to vr, which is what makes this MMO unique.

How can motion sickness still be a thing… im sure half the people that play this game are sitting while playing…
only time i stand is if im tanking or i need to shoot arrows of peoples head.

That’s kind of like saying “How is sea sickness still a thing if I’m sitting inside/under the deck a boat?” If your vision is moving and your body isn’t (or the opposite in the case of the boat) it’s almost guaranteed to make people feel a certain level of discomfort. Some of us are just adapted to it now.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.