Game Crashes Constantly

About every 5-10 minutes I get a “vrclient.exe has stopped working” message.

Here is the event viewer details. Can someone please help me?

Faulting application name: vrclient.exe, version: 5.6.4.59638, time stamp: 0x5a0d8d53
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.15063.608, time stamp: 0x8274fd8b
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f775f
Faulting process id: 0x324
Faulting application start time: 0x01d36bf88ba79588
Faulting application path: C:\Users\scott\Desktop\Launcher-0.90\resources\app\client\vrclient.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 04c1e8fb-3187-4204-90fd-aaf2f386e4d2
Faulting package full name:

After a crash, can you send reports through the launcher? that’ll help us narrow down what is happening. Can you also let me know what your system specs are? Thanks!

I will certainly do that for you! I am running a 980ti. 16 gigs of RAM. Windows 10. i5 6600k.

Just out of curiosity are you on Vive or Rift? And if you are on Vive, are you using the Steam overlay quite a bit?

On the Vive. I don’t use the overlay that often. I will try it today without touching the overlay.

Mine crashes all the time. Sometimes it’ll go an hour and sometimes as little as 1 min. Seems to be in average like every 10 15 min. I’m using a rift with gtx 1070

I’ve run an SFC and replaced the ntdll.dll with a new one. Going to see if that fixes it!

What class do you all main? Ranger? Warrior?

Just started a new char last night and was playing Warrior but it would happen on my Ranger as well.

Didn’t fix it. Reported it through the launcher. At this rate I won’t be able to do the cape challenge :frowning:

Can those of you have constant crashing issues try this version of the game and see if it helps at all? Thanks! @Shiki

https://s3.amazonaws.com/patch.orbusvr.com/Launcher-Override-OldUn-LatVer.zip

2 Likes

Going to try it RIGHT now!! Will give feedback soon!

@Riley_D So far no crashes but I am unable to harvest it seems. Also, locomotion after combat doesn’t work until you teleport once after defeating the monster. I’ll take that over crashing!

i’m not having any issue, just harvested a queen’s ear, the locomotion works fine too.

Alright, i crashed 4 times (2 in a row) in 3 hours then no crash for the last hour. Sent 3 reports because one was stuck in “submitting…”

So it seems way better for me but still some crashes here and there.

What about for you @Scott_M1

ill be honest, this happens to me atleast once an hour. Really just shrugged it off as my computer being dumb or just being a beta. i5 6600k, gtx 1070, 16gb ram. Ill try the new patch tonight and see if it helps!

Please do! It’s been better so far for pretty much everyone so let me know if it is for you as well. Thanks!

I keep crashing myself about every 20 minutes or so, with all classes. Vive, i5 6600k, gtx 1070, 16gb ram is my setup with win10. There is also something I noticed, it happens more frequently when I am on the zeppelin, OR if a zeppelin shows up when I am changing regions, might be a clue but who knows. I will try and get the reports sent everytime, I completely forgot we had that haha.

Yes please do, as far as I know everyone else who was reporting frequent crashes at this point has been solved. Thanks!