Game Startup Issues

Hi,

Every time I start the game it takes between 2 and 4 minutes to get into the Charakter Selection Screen (just Blackscreen). And 90% of the Time my hands are not working. They are just floting inside the floor clutched together.

I have to restart Orbus every time after that it takes about 4-10 seconds to load and the Hand problem is fixed.

Following Things If tried (Im on Steam VR with an HTC VIVE Headset):

• Reinstalling Orbus
  • Starting Orbus without Steam VR running
  • Starting Orbus with Steam VR runnning
  • Starting Orbus after Paying Other VR games
  • Switching HTC Vive Controllers
  • Switching to Index Controllers

I Have this issue for more then a year and it really starts to get anoying.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

1 Like

This happened to be recently and I use waited a few hours that it suddenly started working for me. This has currently happened twice for me. I missed and event because of it. :frowning:

The hands not working issue happens to me on Valve Index too if I have the SteamVR menu open while I launch the game. I need to wait in the black screen with the OrbusVR logo and the subsequent little freeze that comes after without opening the home menu for my hands to work

1 Like

Thank you. Thats probably why the hand issue appears. I often do stuff in the steam vr desktop since the 2-4 minutes waiting in blackness with the logo is just tedious. I Will try it out and see if it fixes this issue for me.

Just hold the power button to turn the off and than turn them back on when you in the orbus menu without opening steam overlay

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.