Grinder sometimes does not give rewards

Similar to Grinder not dropping a chest (but perhaps misunderstood?)

My first time leveling the grinder, I did not get rewards for tier 1 / tier 2. I then stopped and farmed at a later time (thereby logging out/in) and it now works fine. No chest appeared. I didn’t know, I thought you had to fill it to max at the time.

Later a guildy also filled theirs from tier 1 to tier 3, no reward. Also their first time.

Not sure if it’s related to being your first grinder drop or not, but it’s definitely a bummer to receive no loot.

Relogging, going to graveyard and running back, etc, did not fix this issue.

are you in a raid party
(6+ people)

I definitively was not in a group or raid. I can’t say for my guildy, but actually I think they were in a raid at the time. Though in that case, I’d just expect normal mechanics anyways. Or the grinder to not fill at all if the whole raid gets full credit for the kill or something.

If you were in a party greater then 5 ppl, even if those ppl were not there or even ‘Unkown’ you will not get loot.

Secondly, you can also get nothing from the grinder if you killed monsters that either dropped nothing or almost never anything. It uses the loot table of the monsters that you killed to generate the chest. Where you maybe killing specific strange monsters that don’t drop things?

Can’t say for sure, though that should probably be fixed. I wouldn’t consider it to be a feature. Just don’t give charges to the grinder if loot can’t drop from it.

It’s not the loot that gives you charges, it’s the XP from the enemy. Part of using the grinder is knowing what loot drops from the enemies. If you were never intended to receive loot, a chest simply won’t spawn, so you wouldn’t have gotten any grinder drops from that completion anyways if that’s the case.

What he is talking about here is: why should killing something with no drop table fill my grinder. An improvement in the game

And to that my question is: Why not? If you’re looking for mob drops, simply go fight a mob that drops stuff. If you’re going for grinder drops, then it doesn’t matter whether you kill mobs with no drops or not. If you get no chest, then even if you killed mobs that drop items, you wouldn’t have gotten a grinder drop that run. I think you may have misunderstood something I said.

No understood it perfectly. But some people use the grinder to get mats. I guess the best solution is have an option to turn off getting level progress from mobs who don’t drop anything. Some like myself like this option but it is useful if you go for grinder. Its a preference which is why choosing if we want those mobs to contribute to grinder progress should be an option.

The solution to that is to understand the loot tables of the mobs around you and to only kill the ones you want to get the mats from. If you’re using it to grind for mats, then you should understand what drops from what mobs (in order to know where you get the mats in the first place).

1 Like

Im not saying that is not the case but it is always nice to have the option. I would personally not use it as I know where to get the mats I want to farm. However it could be a nice option to have who are not as experienced in the mob loot tables.

If you’re using the grinder, you should be getting familiar with the mob loot tables. The grinder is an end game tool, and mats aren’t very useful to have in bulk until you reach end game to begin with.

Also by removing the grinder progression from mobs that don’t drop loot you are removing an option, not adding to an option :expressionless: you can also choose to not place the grinder down and there is your option of not getting your grinder up on those mobs xD

2 Likes

This thread clarifies a bit. Then imo, it should atleast drop some dram(always) so that it’s less confusing to people new to the mechanic. Having the chest not spawn at all comes off as a bug rather than intended feature.

What I’ve surmised:
Essentially the loot is based off the mobs you are killing. If your RNG is bad/you kill “lootless” mobs then you receive no loot. If you also fail to receive special grinder drops in addition to not receiving loot, no chest appears -at all-. Having even atleast even a small amount of dram always drop would at least remove the idea from players that the chest might have bugged out.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.