Grinding devices

Devs @ Riley please. There should be no way that you can obtain a legendary mount/item within hours of release.

Seems to be a pretty common thread here regarding the completion of said events so quickly.

Please up the grind/rep otherwise you’re going to be constantly working to provide new content for end game players.
There are players who seem to be literally living in this world - gotta slow that grind down and make it a long term thing.

Just some feedback as looking overall at the threads - this seems to be the issue, everything is dead easy.

@anon88892761 i thought you stop playing orbus :joy:

3 Likes

I did stop playing Orbus. Does that mean I do not have the option to try to help a game I’ve purchased become better developed to reach a point where I feel comfortable playing again?
I have over 650 games in my steam library, at least 100 of which are EA titles. I’ve played them all and some I stop playing because they still need developed. I pop in on discussions all the time and read changelogs and patch notes and sometimes I’ll install again and try it out, then uninstall and wait. Doesn’t mean I’ve given up and will never look back. You must take me for a child when in actuality I spend the majority of my time beta testing and giving feedback to indie game companies.

Anyway, your reply is off topic. The subject is grinding devices.

no, that’s not the issue. burnator just got really lucky since it’s purely RNG, this is how most of the high end/legendary drops work atm.
the grind time as it is right now I feel is ok and shouldn’t be changed.

if the grind time was increased it wouldn’t help the issue you’re talking about since it’s RNG someone else is still going to get it on their first full grind of the device or even from their first level 1 chest.

I’m not saying this is fine, but this is how the game rewards you right now and if we wanna fix the issue with getting legendary drops too quickly then we need to move away from an RNG system to something else, not increase the time between each roll.

I didn’t realize it was RNG and yes I agree needs to move away from that - wow, how lucky! That % needs to be lowered to at least a .05% chance - that’s how Monster Hunter does theirs.

Actually on my first day I shot at a World Boss and looted and got a ring which I hear is a 10% rate and was lvl 20 - I was lvl 7 and could still equip it. That’s a bit much don’t you agree?

I thought you had to grind the device to earn the rep to purchase the items.

There is a difference between the game isn’t for you and the game is under developed. The more you describe what you think is wrong with Orbus I’m thinking it just isn’t the sort of game for you…

1 Like

Well that’s a bit cold hearted John_T1. It’s just another hard shut down from another player who doesn’t agree with a viewpoint.

I’m not stating get rid of the legendary - but it’s legendary like of legend implying super rare.

and it drops/pops/spawns within a day(s) of an update. How legendary is that.

But coming back to my original thought to complete it - now that the legendary has been looted, will player continue to use grinding device even though all good loots have been gotten or will player continue to use it for fun?
I did 25 man raids with my guild every single Saturday for almost a year before I could complete my Tier 3 set. Once I had it I was pretty much done and my participation became spotty, then eventually nonexistent.
Just speaking from experience. First day in Orbus dropped a world boss - got a cape and a ring. I have no desire to kill it again. /smh

Well, you kind of need 4 rings that you combine, and they won’t give stats untill you hit 20 despite beeing equipped… gear can always be put on this game, but if you can’t meet it’s requierments it it just has no effect.

Knowing Riley I’m betting the mount has a nasty 1% drop rate per grinder or less. I did equipt luck rings and pop a luck potion, but that’s just a fraction boost.

The standard complain is that it’s to much RNG. At least now the lucky can sell-trade to the unlucky.

Also you really need to play more. You keep saying beginner mistakes. Get a class to 30 add start going for legendary shard weapons

2 Likes

Its not harsh…you literally are basing a short novella of comments on a single day of playing a single class through a few levels of game play. Some of what you say is actually valuable which I have said (I wasn’t cold hearted to you) but most of what you are now saying is just extrapolation…in another day you will have actually spent more time on the forums then you did in the game…

how much do you think folks actually value someone who does that? You clearly said your thoughts (which some liked — including me — and some didn’t). Much of what you don’t like has been brought up in the last two years and thoroughly discussed already. Some of what you say though is not a “what’s wrong with Orbus” it is “what you don’t like about Orbus” and you have to understand that those aren’t the same thing.

Go back and look at my replies to you if you don’t realize that I actually listened to your ideas and agreed with some of them.

8 Likes

@John_T1 I apologize. I was being disrespectful. I just feel that comments like “go play another game, just leave, or maybe it isn’t for you” are just cold shut down remarks.

And you know I actually took some time to give it a really good think, and you are probably correct in saying that this game isn’t for me. It’s certainly not what I expected thinking it was going to be in a standard MMORPG aspect. The more I read into what people actually talk about/interested in I feel that it’s headed in a direction I don’t much care for. My raid/farm days are long gone. I’d just like to explore an open world and interact with a good story and if time allows, group up with some people and work together to do things.

Again, you are correct in saying that sometimes I am confusing what is wrong with what I don’t like about Orbus, but actually I don’t really care either way if there is a grind or not. I was simply saying that by increasing the duration/time/% of things it keeps players playing and development team focused on optimization/errors rather than constantly having to create new content.

Steam charts has listed Orbus as having an all time max player count of 334 people. That seriously makes me sad. Around 20 or less at any given time. Granted, Oculus users aren’t included in that but to be honest I’d have to say that number is probably around the same.

Again, I apologize for my rude behavior. Take care.

I would like to see the level of the mob you killed count toward the any rank on the grinding device. Let’s say it takes 100 mob levels to get to rank 1 chest. A low level player could kill 100 level 1 mobs or 50 level 2 mobs. A high level player could kill 3-4 30+ mobs. That way grinding any mob could get the level 5 chest, it just may take a really, really long time with low level mobs. This would also give a feeling of your class getting more powerful as you level as you would get chests faster by killing higher level mobs.

Right I’m running into the problem of the 1-2 places I can solo the last level on the grinding device are always camped so my device is suck at rank 4.

4 Likes

Yea leveling with (eventually more) lower mobs would be perfect, also because the XP you get you don’t normally want on your level 30 … yet it is the only reasonable one to use for the last xp-step.

Sometimes you can just team up with them, of course some don’t want to because mob-xp drops into the cellar and not sure about less rewards in the chest. But it doesn’t take longer, the same number is needed (30 mobs per level) with or without group, due to my experience.

1 Like

I was thinking about “over leveling” the device that has been mentioned. With the system I suggested each over level you hit could up the chances of getting rare items (maybe and luck)and up the amount of mob levels needed. A device over leveled 10 times could have 10 times the chance and take 10 times as long. That way if level caps for player ever go up again the devs don’t have to re balance the device.

Might be good to have a way to reset any over leveling so if players don’t want the extra chance of loot and the extra time taken to get it, they could opt out.

I like grinding solo while waiting for a que to pop. I would hate to leave a partner mid fight because of that. Or have to party and get booted from the que.

1 Like

There is a strange ball of light that flies into my GRINDER now…so pretty (and thank you devs!)

7 Likes

Oh my God I cant wait to see it that sounds so satisfying

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.