Hand Tracking, What could it be used for?

Now i know its dumb but what if hand tracking was in Ourbus? This was just something that came to mind, and i wanted to here others thoughts about the idea. Yes i now this would be very hard to implement, but its fun to speculate.

Posted my thoughts here already, nothing much to add… Mages could likely use it to cast (some gesture would be needed to release the spell), but then wands are obsolete, they would break immersion. Also all other actions where you expect to use a tool or weapon would likely feel silly/break immersion. Could be used for sorting inventory or tinkering, but I can’t imagine players dropping and picking up controllers all the time during playing if they wanna use tools/weapons again.
Apart from that majority of headsets does not even support it, so well.

3 Likes

How would this work for paladin

Just to clarify i know this wont work for certain classes, but i was thinking mages could use it. Or even create some other new class that uses hand gestures to attack.

a class this would be great for is shaman, I think it would make it a bit more fun to grab orbs and throw them and totems.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.