Healing Abilities and Talents
Is there a reason that a musketeer is able to heal others out of a party? I was thinking of this last night after playing pvp and realized that while in pvp mode my healing orbs would not help players not in my group. I get why it is this way for pvp, but why is it not this way all the time? Wouldn’t limiting healing to players only in your group, with or without pvp on, encourage forming parties? If you are going to solo everything then it does not matter as you are only healing yourself, but if you are in a group would it not make sense to create a party to receive the benefits? One of these benefits besides xp boost and protection is the ability to receive heals. Not that I am complaining with how it is currently set, but in other mmo’s are healers able to heal anyone or just those in their party? It is not like one couldn’t send a party invite if they see someone in trouble, especially with groups of ten being available.
Should talents be awarded just by reaching specific levels or should you be sent on a quest to recieve points to upgrade talents? It is not that talents hinder a characters ability to get from level A to level B, it is that they enhance the gameplay giving people more flexibility to accomplish tasks quicker. Any character can be leveled by switching characters and turning in quests, meaning that they may not actually know how to play the class very well. Since the dev team is going in a different route with non-story based linear questing so that people are able to level easier, would maybe doing questing for talent points be something to consider?
- Each talent can be earned between levels (5-10) (11-15) etc. As the talents do not keep you from leveling or playing your class it does not matter (at least in my opinion) when you receive the talent.
- This would allow for showcasing ones skill for each class and give options on how one wishes to play their class.
- It could be similar to how you do the quest for the wand, but since all classes are available at the start, this option would allow a story to be developed on how the classes or talents might have been developed to fight for Patreayl.
- This could be another good way to gain a good deal of xp.
- This could also be used as a way to lead classes to competition areas like, the mage tourney or a shooting range. Maybe even as simple as hitting a dummy with combos or skills.