High Latency (300ms+ only with Orbus)

For the past few days, I’ve notice my latency is in the 300+ range. No issues with any other games I play online. I pinged game-direct.orbusvr.com, it shows max ping values of 300-700ms range with minimums at 30-40ms. Is there something I can do on my end to help alleviate this issue? I really enjoy this game but can’t play with this lag.

As far as I understand the server is hosted on the east cost of the US. May I ask where you are located?

I am at the East cost, South Carolina.

Are you on Wifi? Usually when we’ve had this issue reported it’s because the person is on Wifi and interference is leading to packet loss issues.

Other than that I don’t really know why you would be having such large variance in your pings like that…if the ping command-line prompt is showing that large of a variance then it’s definitely an issue with some part of your connection to us, either at your house (Wifi) or your ISP…

Thank you for your reply

I am hooked up via Ethernet, hard to say what’s causing the issue. I did some more troubleshooting and noticed my ping to other sites were low such as google.com, in the 30-40ms range. At the same time, my ping to game-direct.orbusvr.com was fluctuating from 30-700ms. So it’s gives the impression my connection to the server is being inhibited somewhere in the chain. I’m just not network savy enough to figure out if it’s me, the ISP or your server.

However currently at this time, my ping to your server is at a nice 30-50ms.

I’m having similar issues.

Pings to Orbus show 50+ ms spiking over 100 regularly.
Pings to Google should 24 pretty consistently.

When I load in the text is a jumbled mess and I can’t read anything or hear anyone(not sure if there is anyone to be heard in the starting zone). The text on signs is all normal but anything associated with players or NPCs is basically illegible.

I logged out and reset, after a few minutes the Tutorial NPCs text showed up but once my right hand started pulsing and telling me to do something I couldn’t read that text and the tutorial monster will just stand still until I suddenly die.

That’s weird. I’ve never heard of that second issue before. Might try reinstalling the game or something it sounds like you have a corrupted file.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.