Hold button for repeated teleport movement

Instead of having to click the button over and over again, leading to repetitive strain issues, could it be made so we can hold down the button to continue teleporting? Starting to get wrist pains from wandering the world, but smooth motion creates motion sickness.

RSI is an increasing problem as we use phones and tablets more and more in our lives, so any steps that can be taken to limit problematic motions would be a good thing.

This could also be potentially good for peoples controllers, less clicking means less chance of stressing out the connections/buttons in the controller, so the buttons won’t go bad as quickly. This is already an issue with the joysticks drifting, though that is slightly different.
I vote for this idea. Spam teleporting away from enemies would require less skill, but be more helpful overall I feel.
Another thing to think about is how would this auto-teleport system work. Would it extend the grid all the way out, and then teleport to the edge? would it extend the grid out until the spot you are pointing at, then teleport you there? would it be adjustable so you can set how far out on the grid you want it to autoteleport to so you don’t have to put as much input into the pointing and just have directional input?

1 Like

I would suggest it work like the teleport currently works. You point your thingy the appropriate distance away, just like you do now - so it’s within the teleport grid. It just keeps jumping you that same distance in the direction you point as long as you hold the button down (stopping if you hit an obstacle). Steering would work the same too - where if you change the direction you point, it takes you that way.

The only change I would suggest would be to try and make the grid a standard size (currently it changes a lot as you travel).

Keeping it as is would be easiest from a development standpoint, as they “should” be able to just put in a clause saying something to the effect of, “if button stays pressed, repeat teleport action every x(time)”. Speed (x) could be settable, theoretically. Of course it’s never that simple, but the concept is there.

Right now if you hold the button down, the grid expands, but I find this a bit pointless as waiting for the grid to expand makes it take longer to go further than it would just to click twice.

And yes, it would save both the controller and possibly battery power also. I notice my teleport hand controller battery dies faster, less so when I try to alternate hands for moving (although part of that side dying faster is obviously that it’s my weapon hand too)

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.