How to kill a skogtroll?

It keeps healing itself, I can’t kill it. Playing a musketeer.

1 Like

It’s probably too high level for you to kill solo then

1 Like

As a healer, killing the healers is a pain. If I’m soloing, I usually shout at passerbys to see if they can help out. If not, I’ll just flee. I typically avoiding them until they’re considered lower level for me…

1 Like

Just need more dps then? no interupts or anything special.

Thanks

Its difficult to kill any healer mobs in this game as a muskteer alone. You will not really be able to kill a skogtroll alone if you are under its level even using poison and damage turret. Your best bet for that quest early on is to get a group.

1 Like

As a Musk? Only thing you can do is kite it and DPS it while it’s running. The mob will not stop running to heal itself so as long as you keep it on the move it won’t self heal. Normally you’d use the gravity orb to interrupt it’s healing but interrupts don’t work right now so…yeah.

2 Likes

This is a good point. Healers generally can’t heal if they are trying to get in range of you, so you can "keep running. The only issue is that if they stop at any point because they are in range, and there are different ranges for different healers, they will get their heal off. Plus if you run too far in a straight line they will leash.

Fortunately there aren’t too many quests or situations where you will have to kill healers outright by yourself.

How to kill a skogtroll:

Step one: aggro skogtroll

Step two: die

Step three: swear vengeance (don’t forget to shake your fist)

Step four: return as zombie with all your zombie friends (cause naturally we’re all zombies by that point)

Step five: zombie swarm skogtroll

Or, you know, those other clever tips others gave above.

:wink:

5 Likes

They do become a problem though if you are in a small group and they get chain pulled with something else. If you don’t have the DPS to counter their heal your group is screwed. This happens a tremendous amount of times in the rainforest where it sometimes even three people cannot out DPS the healers healing per second.

Yeah its a bit overtuned in my opinion but I guess the solution is to just avoid them completely if possible.

Theres an orb that stuns. I used that. Took a few tries but I killed one. Eventually other people came by and I just helped kill their mobs, then i rerolled as a ranger.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.