I can't get a weapon to drop... (trapped in twilight)

Not sure why, however I’m having very very bad luck getting a weapon to drop as a level 8 mage. (almost 9) I’m still using the level 15 wand that dropped from those overgrown rats when the game first started.

I’ve tried farming in Wenderwood and killed probably 50 wolves with no luck, then I moved onto the spiders and the pigs. I got some armor to drop, however not a single wand. (also, I’m not getting any xp from them, so it was just a waste of time.)

Then I moved to the rainforest and have teamed up with 3 different parties and gone all through the entire forest killing everything in sight. I think I got one piece of armor to drop, however of course no wands.

When I was an archer, I just kept solo killing the bores at the entrance of the rainforest until I got a bow to drop, (I was maybe level 6 using a 15 bow at the time)

The mage is much harder to use tactical attacks, so at level 8, killing the bores solo has a 30% success rate. When you die in 3-4 hits, its hard to get 12 fireballs out. (I might just suck… it could be that)

So yea… I’m mostly just ranting, however I also have a question. Is there a quest I’m supposed to do where I can get myself a halfway decent wand? Is there an easier place I should be grinding?

On a side note, some food for the troll who started the “weapon Shipment Wagon drops rare loot” scam… I hope you die a thousand deaths… whoever started that… Yea…lol… die…)

I saw a report of that scam on the forums recently, I’m sorry you got caught up in it :worried:
As far as I know, the cart only drops the weapons shipment

There is, unfortunately, no quests in game that reward weapons/gear.

I had a difficult time too around those levels(musketeer though) getting a drop from farming the boars in new Kingsport, not sure when or where it was that I got my first upgraded weapon past level 8, but it will happen.

As a lvl 8, maybe try to get into the Wenderwood or jungle dungeon, it may be a better chance for loot. There is a lfg tool in the menu, or try the lvl 8-12 chat in the community Discord if your interested.

You mentioned fireballs, but are you using other spells? A good frostbolt to start will keep the mobs off you a bit longer, pushback and mana shield can be handy too for damage reduction. And don’t forget the DoT Affliction, a slow death should you decide to kite and whittle away mob health.

I’m not sure exactly what you mean by scam, but the weapon shipment did used to drop rare weapons fairly regularly. It was patched out of the game around 4 days ago though, so it may be that someone just didn’t realize it was changed.

Here are the patch notes: New Patch: 4.12

go hunt the pigs/ spiders by the wenderwood dungeon. they drop 50 att weapon.
or go some times in the dungeon, there are 63 and 100 weapon (u get the 100 from the big drake at the very beginning with some luck)

the weapon shipment DID drop blue items and 251 weapons^^
but they patched it out some days ago, yeah.

Thanks for getting back to me so soon and for the info.

I like your idea of the dungeon, I’ll give that a shot. I’ve been using affliction level 2, affliction level one, followed by 8-9 fireball lvl2s. Occasionally I’ll do Frost bolt 2 followed by 2 ice lance and 4 fireballs. The second method works the best, I just have a high fail rate with ice lance.(35%)

Fixed a bug which was unintentionally allowing the Donkey Cart to drop items and give XP when killed. Since it’s a defenseless mob that doesn’t fight back or put you in combat, it should do neither.

Strange, I saw another post here that said this was a scam, thanks for clearing that up. That said, It actually does make sense that it should drop a weapon considering it’s a weapons shipment. Would be cool if it dropped a low level 40-50 weapon for us unlucky folk. (Maybe one that can’t be broken down so people don’t farm it)

Just keep killing. You might not have gotten a weapon for your level yet but you’ll inevitably will if you keep grinding stuff.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.