I want to click to move, touch pad sliding is clunky

Sliding to move sucks. Getting to full speed works half the time. Sliding around makes you even more dizy as well…i want the circle touch pad on the controller to become a virtual Dpad and i want to click in forward to move forward, not slide my finger, but press into the button and hold.

1 Like

There are a lot of locomotion options in the menu. Some that might help for what I think you have issue with… You can:

• Turn off sliding motion and just teleport around (by pressing down on the key)
  • Turn off angle slow (this might be what was causing you to slowly move, dependent upon controller angle)
2 Likes

Ya got to agree with Atropos on this one. I don’t think I’ve played another VR game with this variety of locomotion options. There’s got to be one of them that works for you.

1 Like

I move sometimes just by hovering my thumb over the touchpad. It wouldn’t be much trouble for other classes but as a runemage it always happens to me in a fight while i try to draw a rune XD

a complete different approach would be to use a ps move style movement where you press the touchpadbutton and you walk in the direction where the wand is pointing. The touchpadpress could still teleport on the offhand or a quick doublepress could activate it

i dont want to teleport…i want to move like on a playstation controller…

Then use teleport + slide as the option in settings (underlocomotion) it feels like an analog.

slide up on both pads for full speed

thats what i dont want…touch sliding…i want to press…it feels clunky otherwise.

Are you on wmr? If so there is a great community controller config that makes the thumb sticks move you.

1 Like

100% what Steve_M1 is saying for those of us using WMR.

it’s a total game changer. (ha!)

Instructions here:
(I’m time stamping this because you can ignore the first minute as you don’t have to be in the Steam Beta anymore, it’s in the release branch now)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.