Ideas for shaman buffs

IMO I should be an aoe expert. I have always been for making it so that the different classes perform different roles and have different strengths and weaknesses.

I think the fact that all the dps classes are all flexible and all roughly balanced around hitting roughly similar single target damage is the root of the problem behind people comparing the classes

If the different classes were all situationally powerful or specialized for different roles it would be impossible to say 1 class is objectively stronger than another.

This would also solve the mage dilemma where you have to reward mages for the harsh learning curve but because all the dps classes are mostly interchangeable the higher max dps means that mages end up somewhat pushing the other classes out of late game play

3 Likes

My thoughts: 9-12 seconds is to long of a spawn time making it a forced exclusion from content as there is already a wait time between drop totem and orb spawn shamans by default get excluded from content by base mechanics alone.

I understand shaman has a long range if you physically throw orb, but this not only will cause long term physical problems but also the dps isnt worth it in anyway.

The pulse totems seems to clip when you throw it meaning you can throw your arm out and sometimes the pulse will only go two meters.

I’m not sure if it’s intentional but the biggest dps contributor(Lightning) has a shorter distance than stun and fire, to me this makes no sense.

Orbs disappearing is a huge problem as we shamans take a huge net dps loss at range due to orbs disappearing mid flight while dropping totems, severely decreasing ranged viability for an unnecessary reason. And unnecessarily punishing a class that already struggles with ranged viability.

As much as i appreciate the orb recheck having my orb order switch mid combat further reduces my dps to a sometimes unrecoverable point due to the nature of tilesets.

My final though is Rupert, Rupert is a viable dps addition, however, having Rupert count as a player is detrimental and makes him unusable in most content, please make him a non entity so we can use are super without fear of interfering with gameplay.

5 Likes

As an additional comment Shaman is becoming unplayable in raids at times due to the orb resynch check, broken totems way too frequently(it shouldn’t happen at all, but understandably no game is perfect), and broken orbs. Shaman has the most limitations of any class and outside of bugs is still being punished due to the delays put in place, this is becoming very frustrating to the point where I would rather deal with the discomfort of playing mage than playing the class i love the most (shaman).

@Jake_E any response would be appreciated and very much warranted in my opinion, to all of the posts above, even just a “were not changing anything at the moment” would be better than nothing, so at least we know we are all being heard in our suggestions and frustrations.

Thank you for your time and consideration, and thanks to the whole development team for your efforts and excellence. 🥷

6 Likes

I agree with all these points. We have one shamen that can only plat shamen due to disabilities, but she does well. It breaks my heart to hear her apologizing for her totems not spawning orbs during a raid.

4 Likes

One thing that would really help, and wouldn’t impact stats.
Give us a way to measure distance.
When you are a pinch too far away and have to re-set, that’s like 10 seconds already not hitting anything.

And one more.
Is there any way to have a low level hit that could be available instantly.
It’sfunny/not funny when I’m chasing an enemy around, and they are too far every time I drop totems!
Like the fifth stooge. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

For desync checking, those just have to happen, there’s really no way around it.
Allowing totems to be readily available is simple enough. I don’t personally see any reason why they shouldn’t be but when changing years old code I always need to ask why it was that way in the first place. I’ll have to double check and see if changing this would have any major reprocussions (which I don’t think it will) but otherwise this will probably be the likely place to start.

11 Likes

this would be amazing

1 Like

faster totems are great and all but that does more or less nothing. that’s because of the desyncs/lag. it’s to the point where orb spawns are really late and strike twice doesnt work. this is the only game I’ve played that has issues with desyncs so how is there no work around?

Having the totems readily available would be amazing. Even if the orbs still desynch occasionally, it would still be a massive QoL improvement and give us more actual fighting time.

wdym readily available? like faster respawn on all?

Id think it means they appear immediately when the weapon is equipped rather than being delayed.

That would be great, I often stand back as a shaman waiting for my lava pulse totem to spawn so I can pick it up and throw it. So I tend not to play shaman too much as I miss nearly all fights in a dungeon especially with good players.

2 Likes

yes that’d be wonderful

I think having the lava/frost pulse totem spawn with the regular orb rotation would be a tremendous upgrade for shaman without completely breaking the dps due to all in.

As a side note if there’s a possibility to decrease the cooldown for Shield totem it would allow for more active use of utility, although not by much on the cooldown as that would itself cause its own issues, just enough that it sees use more than once or twice in a dungeon without being a boon to shaman.

1 Like

Additionally I’m curious if it’s possible to make totem spawn cooldowns external so if we die we don’t have to wait a tremendous amount of time to get back in the fight, this in my mind would solve a lot of issues without people being able to class swap to try And abuse all in.

2 Likes

while we’re at it, can frost do like 7k per tick and not 1k? 1k is lame as hell and doesn’t make me wanna use it.

It’s nice to see people advocating for shaman, if these ideas get implemented I would consider playing orbus again

5 Likes

the shaman super is really bad rn because rupert does only 4k unscaled dps and counts as an entity which makes him hard to use. i have two ideas for a change.

1. ranger super. decreased totem cooldown and increased orb damage.

2. increased crit chance (by like a lot) while its up. make also increase the critical stat by 15 points each super its used.

either way I want rupert to stay, not be an entity, and scale to weapon + and tiles. he’s cute and an entity so he’s gotta stay.

1 Like

I dont feel like letting this die until I get what I want so time to revive it!

scoundrel has break shot. ranger has hunters mark. mage has weakness. warrior has sword raise. paladin has left book. musketeer has weakness. bard has like 15% extra dps in buffs. shaman has desynced orbs.

the point is shaman does not give any group buffs besides frost but even then that kills our lower dps. shaman is the only dps class that can’t hit 100k and even then 1 person has sustained over 90k with lots of rng. im fine with it only doing 95k or whatever at its cap but it needs to give a buff or something. the reason for this is because shaman isn’t useful in speedruns and before I hear that stupid stupid argument of “bUt AoE” I havent come across a single group that wants a shaman for speedruns other than maybe carnage and they have like 1 active player.

my idea is the lava weakness should give a 5% buff to everyone. exactly how weakness works but comes from the lava stack and doesn’t stack. that means even if I got 2 lava weaknesses, only one will give the 5% boost.

3 Likes

I’m curious why shaman should sustain 100k. It has the lowest skill floor of the DPS classes, and its damage/group contributions reflect that.

Maybe I just haven’t played Shaman enough lately to see if there’s been changes to the playstyle, but last I spent time on it, it was the “I can’t put in the time/motions the other DPS classes have to, so here’s this class that still pulls decent numbers to go through all content, but not enough to step on the toes of the other DPS”.