Ideas for the new island

So I’m sure some of these have been suggested before
While I was running I came up with a few ideas for the island
Seeing as how the island is still in development we can do pretty much anything with it in the current state
The new enemies don’t drop anything special, there aren’t any new missions for them, they’re basically nothing

My thought is this island could be “necro” themed
A series of necro enemies, a necro world boss, and possibly a necro dungeon
Another idea I had for this island (pretty sure it’s already been suggested) is to bring back some of the old game mechanics
For example: wilds, worms (things that go underground), aberrations (not sure if it’s been confirmed they will be here)

Now some of the players who have such an addiction and play so much they could be devs (I’m looking at you rickness) have reached rep 8 on almost every, if not every, mission vendor
I know that long term mission vendors are coming out but maybe this zone could use a vendor or two
Following the necro theme, it could give necro themed rewards
A necro mount, set of armor, maybe a dye or two and some titles (necromancer etc)

The island is not fully developed yet and with these new mobs that are essentially useless, these ideas could work very well

Note: these are possibilities for any time, not now necessarily

2 Likes

People complained mobs looked the same. Devs add new looking mobs.

People then complain about new looking mobs.

You really can’t win as a dev.

4 Likes

I do agree that if they dont use the necro mobs at some point in future content it would be a waste.
but if you walking around at least now you get to see more than sticks walking around

the devs said that the new island will be the new aberration island, essentially with the same base as the old game. an aberration surrounded by a bunch of elite enemies

I definitely agree with the devs making a long term mission for the abberations, that would be cool.

that being said, on this island in particular its very unlikely they are going to make a whole dungeon and another world boss

A. No you can’t win
B. They don’t drop anything special, there’s no lore, and there are no missions so…

The reason I suggested the dungeon was because after doing enough shards these dungeons are getting very very boring

yeah, they are working on the new raid and that’s scheduled for the end of the year.
so maybe early next year they will start working on new dungeons

1 Like

Based on the name choices for the island it is Very likely that it will be necro themed already.

Which I am 100% ok with :slight_smile:

It would be cool if this is the necromancers from the first game who survived with beslial and have been living on a fractured piece of the world between kingsport and the desert. I want beslial the end boss of a raid … we gave him an Elder God on ice to ‘take care of’

also the necromancers are pissed we kept killing them in droves even tho they were non hostile for the chance at those J balls. It would be funny to have them non hostile to any not wearing a J ball but have them instant Agro on J ball wearers >.<

I guess he could be a dungeon boss … after the fracture him and the necromancers were broken off from the main land and without food they began to consume the only material on hand telabruha calamari after imbibing the flesh of a God of chaos they began to change…

I’m picturing beslial in shadows at the end of a cave then his body begins to rise incredibly high and you realise his body is but the lantern light of a tentacled monstrosity in an alcove of shadows all gibbering mouths and eyes.

Come to think of it you could enter it by going through the necropolar and maybe that boss that Roma was tryna do the thing with could be in the new island
Just an idea :woman_shrugging:

I like the idea of Necro rewards. A mount would be fabulous as well as other goodies.

The Necros just showed up one day with no storyline. Nice addition but why are they here. Make spawn in the island with a story of survival with tasks that need to be completed.

1 Like

There is already a narco themed mount, the skull mount from the hardmode raid

2 Likes

Thanks I did not know that.

I was thinking a Necro Mount more in line with a quest involving Necro creatures. Perhaps not as ornate as Hard Mode, but more accessible to the general population of players.

1 Like

Let our quest choices matter and offer 2 different mounts/ pets. one for each choice .

Side with the necros helping to collect lost bones so that they can repair their minions

Side with the kill quest to exterminate them.

i hope the island will maybe have some new critters that would be fun

3 Likes

Ehm actually if the game is developed like any other, decisions on new content are fixed months before release… Artwork and programming is (hopefully) completely done, in the current phase, few weeks before release, they are rather in the testing and bug-squashing phase which also takes long enough, So I doubt any suggestions which require major changes can still be implemented.
Doesn’t hurt to suggest things, but this is rather something for content further in the future, like, next year.

4 Likes

This is exactly what I was thinking for this too

1 Like

Eh yeah maybe something they can work in after they release the island and the raid like an addition to the island

Perhaps they are finished with ideas for this phase, however it does not hurt to suggest. There may be some room for ideas to implement now or maybe not. The game is here for us to enjoy, ideas presented give good direction. Moreover, there is some stiff competition now, I would think the devs want to know how to make us happy and retain current players and make it attractive for future members.

1 Like

i also hope for a chance to maybe have some events on the island like world events or maybe have some resources on the island to make it more interesting

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.