Introducing the OrbusVR Demo

If it turns out possible/feasible to do the demo on Quest, is there a ball park timeframe estimate of when? I would assume a few months, but don’t want to spread misinformation / provide an incorrect expectation, even though details are not yet exact. I have heard that some will go ahead and buy Orbus if they know the demo will be a while, but if it won’t be too much longer, they would prefer to wait for the demo.

If it happens (and that is a big “if” right now) it will be at least a couple of months away I think. That’s based on our experiences with previous approval/review times for things on the Quest in the past.

1 Like

the demo lady who was talking talk so fast

To my knowledge there are many people who want to buy OrbusVR. But they don’t do it because they are not sure they will like the game, and with a price tag of 40€ they just don’t want to take that risk. 40€ is a very good deal considering the amount of hour it offers, but it’s a very bad deal if the player finally does not like the game for any reason. That the reason why a demo is such an important thing, and it would be really good to have it for Quest.

But, since that is going to take time and even it’s not for sure it will exist ever, I would like to ask you for a increase in the maximun time to play the game before it cannot be ruturned. The current two hours are not enoght to test minimally the game, so it would be very convinient to increase them to at least 4-5 hours. If so, I’m sure a lot of people will take a step foward to buy the game.

The 2 hour window is set by oculus and steam, the devs do not have any controll over it AFAIK

1 Like

I agree 2h is tough, playing till level 10 can take much longer. Not sure if devs got much influence on this, though.

At least on steam it was discounted to 28€ during the whole summer sale… lasting the last 2 full weeks (and now still 7h active, in case some missed the discount).
Watching steam policies once they reduced a game this discount will come again and again at almost every sale with Oculus Store likely adapting to discounts, in the long run, to not fall behind.

The free weekends are perhaps also a possibility to attract new people.

Apart from that there’s many reasons - which would be topic for another thread - why DAUs are falling which are almost always related to lack of progress. Players buying the game helps devs most, no matter what they do after, but I wished there were more incentives to create a stable, growing community.

What you say is true, but I was talking for Quest users and for that there isn’t any discout or demo.

And I have been thinking as well about what you say about DAUs. Among many other reasons, I think the game is too hard mainly at the beginning and this could make players to lose motivation. As some mate has told in other post, you are sent to kill mobs which are supposed to be of the same level as you, but it’s really hard to kill them, almost imposible if you dont really know how to use perfectly the skills of your character and not every player of Orbus is a hardcore gamer nor look for being so. Everything is hard and a bit tedious, for example the Darius’s quests which send you to the dungeons, ask you complete the dungeoun twice, it’s too much. You can complete only one and return the quest not for gold, but then you dont increase reputation enough and so dont get other new quests. Everything change if you play with Friends, but this is not always possible and many people just like to go on their own. It’s even more difficult than the Vanilla WoW :slight_smile: Definitely this is a topic for another thread :slight_smile: Edit: It’s also annoying to lost all the durability of the gear with only 2-3 deaths, and then look for a place to repair before go again to try to kill the damm mob.

1 Like

Yah well the quest was released just recently, I guess they hold off with discounts for now since most are willing to spend money on apps, yet I hope these will also come with time.

I agree with this. New mob mechanics were meant to pose a challenge for (older?) players, but combined with overworld level-scaling they make progress in fights way harder. I currently notice there is a great discrepancy between (most; there’s certainly exceptions!) new players who level with missions and old players who did so mainly with grinding.

The effect this has is, for example, that raids are a piece-of-cake for veterans, but close to impossible for a raid with only fresh players. Now veterans are long past the loot (= feeling of no progress) and for new players it is not really accessible (= also no progress). How come that more and more players arrive at 30, not only mages but also for example scoundrels, whose dmg is below tanks or healers even and who consequently loose motivation to even try and get a foot into the endgame. I blame this, at least partly, on their time leveling and avoiding to face mobs where they can, for a reason…

But this a bit OT we should continue it elsewhere.

Can confirm that the 2 hour return policy is set by Oculus and Steam, and game developers have no power to change this.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.