Introducing the Unofficial Orbus Armory

A suggestion for the points system. You should really only award points for other high dungeons completed on time. That is a true clear. Right now someone can “fail” a dungeon and go down 2 shards but still complete it and they get a score for it. That doesn’t make sense to me. Completing a shard dungeon according to Orbus is doing it within the 30 minutes. The scoring should reflect this. Just my 2 cents.

5 Likes

We’re nearly past “peak shard dungeon” time. Changing how to score it now, again, diminishes the credibility in my opinion. I do agree, cleared in time is more meaningful than cleared.

Doesn’t mean the scoring can’t be improved upon. Rules change all the time especially when they are in their infancy stages. The goal and the expectation is to continually improve the system.

2 Likes

dont quite see how improving on a systems scoring causes it making it lose credibility, with all your comments against this is clear you are just trying to poke holes in a system made by rivals which i cant undestand why because with all the improvements to the system it put your fellowship in the lead, please just try to get along with alphabet we dont want to cause even more separation between the player base

@Johann I think that even if you don’t complete the dungeon in time, it is still a challenge to complete a shard dungeon on a new level for the group, and should be rewarded. You DO get MORE rewarded for completing it in time, making it more relevant to clear it in time, but there are groups that attempt a shard dungeon on a level they can’t do and have to forfeit it. However, we’ll discuss the 2 cents you pointed out here, there is something to it.

@Fern Just because the Raids are coming out, it doesn’t mean there isn’t gonna be new, harder ones down the line. We of course don’t know this for sure, but its better to keep tuning the system for scoring if there is need to do so.

1 Like

Maybe I wasn’t clear, I’m talking about other dungeons completed not the top one as that one is already scored. Maybe have them get half the points for a completed dungeon and full points for a completed dungeon in the time frame.

4 Likes

Ah okay, yeah indeed I did misunderstand you there. Currently, the bonus doesn’t care about time at all, it only takes into account the level it has been completed on.

Interesting idea, I’ll play around with the idea and numbers a bit and see what comes out of that

2 Likes

If one player stating their opinion on a player-made scoring system causes a separation in the player base then the problem is with the community not being able to handle criticisms, not with the player stating their opinions.

4 Likes

This is indeed true. There are plenty of ways to measure ourselves. PvE score is supposed to be just a high level indicator of a fellowships progression and does not aim to measure specifically how fast a dungeon is completed (although completion speed of the shard is one indicator used to weigh the scoring). Of course there will always be those who can complete a dungeon in 15 mins vs those who take an hour.

We have a backlog of tasks at the moment and we will add this one to the list to think about. In-the-meantime you can filter by shard dungeons and manually check for the highest completed in time.

Here is the way to do that:

Put in the shard level in the filter and press the time remaining column header. It will order by time for that level.

You can also add some text for the dungeon you want to filter by too if that helps.

Thanks,

I guess my point/suggestion is we should probably measure progression closer to how Orbus does. A cleared shard in Orbus is making it in the timer. If you don’t make it in the timer you did not pass the shard, but if you complete the dungeon you can still get loot or a “participation” award. Any guild can sit in a dungeon for 3 hours to clear it. It takes strategy and coordination to actually beat the shard in the timer.

I think that would probably be a good way to do it- I think completing it is an accomplishment, even if you can’t do it within the timer. However, doing it on time is clearly more impressive.

My primary request/feedback would be to make it so each second of remaining time at end game T10 gives at least a point of score as over time that will be the only difference between competing guilds. (As we now have around 4 guilds that can probably take every T10).

I think it’ll also eventually make sense to have a separate leaderboard per dungeon, but I don’t know that we’re there yet.

6 Likes

My recommendation to anyone who doesn’t like a tool someone else wrote and provided you for free is to make your own.

If needed make a private tool that you can look at and feel glorious for having accomplished.

We have no right to complain about a free tool that we did nothing to contribute to. I am personally very thankful for the Armory, because it means our group can work on other needed tools. Don’t presume to manage someone else’s project unless they ask me for an opinion or help.

5 Likes

Hi Gandora,

If there is any other feature you think the Armory could have, just let us know, we might consider it to make that a feature of the site :wink:

Cheers,

1 Like

The separate leaderboard per dungeon thing is actually on the backlog, so its coming Soon™

4 Likes

ARkker, really glad to hear about that :slight_smile: Suggestion for you. Could you make it a bit like the official Orbus leaderboard. With a dashboard who show like all the dungeons and the top X guilds on every of them. Alll on the same page.

I like dashboards and easy to read info :smile: Don’t wanna browse too much to get where I want to go.

BTW it’s well made right now. Just want it to remain easy to browse. :man_technologist:

1 Like

Awesome, glad to hear it, thanks!

Out of curiosity, what is the reasoning behind not doing points-per-second-remaining instead of per-minute for increased accuracy?

To be honest, the original 10 points for 60 seconds was just something I pulled out of my ass as it seemed to fit well into the equation. Theres no real reason why it was that way (and subsequently 1 point / 6 seconds) apart from the fact that I wanted to keep it in neat powers of 10 for easy readability. That is broken now though, so it doesn’t matter anymore

I’ll look into creating some kind of a “dashboard” page for the leaderboards with a peak to the top N number of entries, like the official leaderboard page has

4 Likes

You could try an exponential function and decide what is the ‘max’ points for having done it with 30 min leftover. Impossible but allow a hardcore cap which should be less than doing another dungeon.

Still I suggest not doing a scoring system such as PvE :rofl: