Introducing the Unofficial Orbus Armory

I believe the system was only ever adjusted once Johann… Before that it was flat and did not include any finite progression on shard 10 progress at all.

The new PvE raid score is based on a suggestion made to give points per second… (by one of your team members I believe).

The shard dungeon scores are also set the same…

There is no modifications made since (especially not ones which favor any given fellowship).

There are no plans on how to extend this further right now.

You may make suggestions… But this is not a full time job for us so… Chill

Thanks,

So I think to Johann’s point you have to consider the nature of the content for each leaderboard. Shard dungeons were problematic because there was so much RNG involved in them. I think it would have been wise to have a leaderboard for each different dungeon and then a max number of points for your placement there. That way the top goes to the person at the top of the most boards rather than the best maos shard.

With the raids though they’re different than the shards. There isn’t a race for time as much as there is a race for the first kill. Because of that they shouldn’t really be ranked based on the time it takes to kill but rather the order in which you accomplish it as a guild. That’s pretty standard content everywhere and the same way for the leaderboards. No need to reinvent the wheel.

1 Like

We’re introducing the order when they were killed in for the hard mode raids. We didn’t have the schema for the raid data on the API so the collection wasn’t ready for when the raids were released. I was raiding myself so by the time I got it done, we had 4/5 already and as such it would show up as everyone having done the bosses they had at that time at the exact same time, which obviously isn’t true.

Now we’ve got the schema ready for the hard modes so we can start the logging before they come out

3 Likes

To tell the truth I am also sad that we don’t get to see first clear but I understand the reasons. Also I think monitoring the best time is great, tho I don’t think it’s fair if the best time is made pre-buff or pre bug fix. So I don’t know what’s the best way to do it, but I don’t want raids to end like Shards.

Would be bad for future Guild if they can’t compete with the current times cause Riley fix something.

EDIT : Is there a way to link the scores to a Patch ?

time to voice my opinion a bit on this

I was thinking about this… We had some fun on a speed kill on the first boss and saw that you guys cut the time down to 2 mins 16 secs (or something like that). It got me thinking that… Once tuning come out… Will these times every be achievable again? Riley did mention that he would only be making encounters easier so that gives us plenty of space to compete against times with ourselves and each other. I think the RnG factor for time completions in raids is much better too.

I think having the first kill is a nice boast… But definitely speed kills I think show execution ability and are equally important.

switching off opinion mode

linking scores to patches
yes we have already demonstrated this by having pre-raid scores and post-raid scores… We may do it this in future for new significant rebalancing/patches etc as sites like wowprogress have but… Again as we do this for free I cant promise itd be always kept up to date.

1 Like

I think it works the other way as well. After the 5th boss gets hit hard with the nerf bat. I’m sure everyone will have a faster time then what the current time is. By doing time, it takes away from the first harder kill.

1 Like

Yeah I agree and I like to compete for fastest time when I know everyone is playing by the same rules :slight_smile: (And I think that this is the biggest complain about shards, cause everyone tried to claim #1 but no one had the same conditions during the fights).

Also maybe include this for shard dungeons as certain things get changed or and made easier. As Lok said with raids but this should also be applied to Shards.

Edit: I feel sorry ARkker sounds like a lot of work!

1 Like

We’ll need ARkker to drop ABC and Riley to offer him a job. I want my official leaderboard !!

Watch your language.

1 Like

Wait did I say something bad ? (*It was a joke)

Yeah I was kidding too. :wink:

2 Likes

You got me stressed out there haha. I hate when I say something I didn’t mean to.

Like my flaming Alu in discord. Was trying to say he was on fire. English didn’t agree with me…

1 Like

thinks of ways to troll Lok for fun in future :thinking:

Okay this is getting a bit off topic now sorry.

3 Likes

While i won’t pretend to know how the playerdriven armory here is set up or how interguild (well, inter-fellowship) politics are in this game, i certainly agree with Johann on how progression lists are usually done in mmorpgs:

There is always (always) the first kill e-peen list. Depending on the game, sometimes this list will only be for static raids, other times it will also include world bosses which may or may not have pvp involved, it may include dungeons, it may even include special events.

Usually there will also be a clear time list with the same distinctions as above. There may also be subdivisions into bosses and trash. Or further subdivisions on bosses seperately. Or even further subdivisions showing dps, hps, ehps and so on and so forth.

With the shard dungeons working like they do having modifiers, each modifier set pretty much makes its own “static dungeon”, which further complicates matter if you want to compare apples to apples.

Lastly, these e-peen lists were in most early cases just posts by X trusted member of Y community, maintining a simple multi-indent bullet list on a forum, based on community feedback and screenshots. Nowadays these lists are often “pulled” from advanced log parsing sites.

Regardless of the form they have taken in the past and take now, weight is always on comparing apples to apples. As soon as “fruits” are being mixed in the comparisons, the list regardless of the form it has taken, loses its credibility. And without credibility, the list itself has no value.

Just my 2 cents :wink:

3 Likes

As stated before, recording the first kills wasn’t possible for the normal mode, but the e-peen list will be there for the hard and possible expert raids

1 Like

@Riley_D, I understand completely if not, but given the raid API schema was just coming online for the first raids, would it be possible to get dev validated time stamps for the first kills for the raid bosses so this could be baked in?

2 Likes

This is among the things we’ve asked for in the API and been told that they are coming but not exactly on top of the priority list

Makes sense, I was mostly curious if we could get a one time manual exception, given the big deal nature of the first VRMMO raids!

1 Like

I’m all for that, and think its a good cause too. Our method relies on people looking up at least one person on the group who did a kill, and that timestamp is the “kill stamp” which obviously is late literally as much as it took the first person to look it up. But as it stands now, 's all we got :frowning: