Introducing the Unofficial Orbus Armory

Lol the internet does not convey intention well at all!
Alu is possibly the most chilled sweetest guy that I’ve ever known. No worries, he’s not sweating it.

I do see the problem of using time after the changes are made to the raids. Maybe do an opening day list and a normal?

4 Likes

Or wait a few days or a week or two for the content to settle in and then begin the recording for the leaderboards?

1 Like

Can someone explain to me why an unofficial Leaderboard is such a big deal? I don’t mean to be rude, but I feel like this board isn’t all that important.

3 Likes

It definitely isn’t, it’s just a cool project that arrker put together and I feel like was presented as such. However since then people on all sides have been using it to try and claim top pve spot. The only real way to do this would be several different leaderboards based on all the info, which the api just doesn’t provide yet. It’s a cool site, and nobody is going to agree on the best way to show what we’ve got so far since the data is incomplete.

This thread has provided Arrker with some great feedback, but past couple months have been pretty toxic.

1 Like

Yeah, People keep saying it’s rigged for Alphabet because its hosted/made by a member of alphabet. When I joined Alphabet, Nox was at the Top of the scoreboards and Alphabet sat at around place 2-3. This has changed since then after alphabet cleared all the Shard 10 dungeons and some even with time left. Overall I honestly feel like it isn’t rigged, Any Fellowship can claim the top spot by clearing all shard 10 dungeons with more time left then we do.

4 Likes

The problem is not listening to the community, Nox was complaining when they were number one saying how they thought the scoring system was “stupid” and only mattered for MS. They also complained about Abc combining to make a mega-guild and changing the data to show 2 guilds as one. When Nox was number 1 they asked that they change the scoring system or get rid of it b/c of the RnG related to it as number one just meant that you got lucky with RnG. Now that Abc got a lucky MS, there seems to be no intention of getting rid of the scoring system or to improve it and make the system for the better. We suspect it will change when someone else gets lucky enough to get a t10 MS with desirable mutations and gets the fastest time on a MS.

Duly noted, your feedback is extremely valuable to me. Thank you

Starting to get pretty annoyed at these accusations, Johann. You seem to always have something negative to say(what a surprise lol). What you’re stating about us is false and it’s getting irritating that nothing is being done about directly calling out fellowships and individuals on the forums.

2 Likes

If you don’t want me to have an honest conversation of what the community thinks, I will delete my post.

Having an honest convo and saying you suspect us to alter the point system to benefit us is two different things. The armory is a work in progress and will change to be fair for everyone as content is released.

I said the community suspects, it’s not just me. And for the record I think Arkker has done a great job on the armory. It’s the scoring system that needs tweaking as most people seem to agree.

Fellowships are just way to small, If we spit the FS and put our best preforming member into 1 single FS the scoring would be the same if the FS merge didn’t take place&we ran all the T10’s in that FS, we only take around 15 of the same people to run t10’s which falls inside a single FS size. With members constantly going having real life things to attend it would be quite rude and stupid just to remove them from the FS even if they gave a heads up just because they got things to do.

Far as I know any Fellowship can apply for Fellowship merge on the Armoury just like Alphabet and SuperFriends.

3 Likes

To be fair, currently it is a situation where everyone agrees that the scoring isn’t done in the best way possible. However, nobody really has a right to complain about that since they didn’t make it themselves and it’s not official.

2 Likes

A good idea would be for all the major Fellowship leaders to sit down together and discuss the scoring system, Or it could be a really bad idea! :cold_sweat:

3 Likes

I suggested this a while ago. Makes the most sense to me if you want it to actually mean something.

100% agree on that. The armory is definitely a nice tool to have, the poison comes from leaderboards on top of RNG systems and poor scoring. Honestly i think deleting the leaderboard and only keep the lists would be the best solution, who’s interested on fastest times already checks the list anyway since the leaderboard only shows one dungeon.

Please do recap what it is that you feel like needs to be doing again? There is so completely unnecessary banter in the thread that its rather difficult to fish out the real feedback

So I am going to go ahead and lock this thread, as this seems to be creating the most toxicity and generates the most flags (from all sides involved here) when discussing how things should be ran. I agree that this is a valuable tool to the community (the Unofficial Orbus Armory) and know that there has been hours and hours of work put into it by all involved in the creating of it and they have created a great tool for the community as a whole to enjoy. Announcements of updates and such are more then welcome to be posted on the forums under a new topic for each update, but as far as discussing how the scoring system works, or how some of the behind the scenes actions are working it will be best to either take that to PMs through our forums or to move it to the Armory’s forums.

Once again just to reiterate I think that the Armory is a great addition to the community and do not wish to discourage its production or use in the least bit, but since these topics generally turn into a flag war, it is time to move it to a different approach instead of the forums (unless inside PMs). As I’m sure some players might read this as censorship or something along those lines, I would just like to let everyone know that if the Unofficial Discord (or any fellowship) were to post updates here that would be welcome, but discussing internal matters of how/why certain things are done would result in the same actions taken.

6 Likes