Introducing the Unofficial Orbus Armory

Thats actually a slight oversight on my part, Ill fix it to show a divided active/non-active when Im back home in a few hours

@Lok I added the division now

2 Likes

Added a small patch that now shows total shard dungeons completed, as requested by @G_Alphabet

3 Likes

Not sure if this would be easy to do or not but can you add highest shard completed for each dungeon?

1 Like

I think you forgot to add it there :

It was there briefly but I didnā€™t think it made much sense.Weā€™re working to replace it with individual PVE progression

2 Likes

New version: 1.3.2, UNLIMITED POWā€¦ DATA!!
Since your last visit, Orbus Armory has updated!

Change log:

• Added a filtering/search system to both the PVE progression leaderboard as well as the Shard Dungeons leaderboard. The system will remember your filters for the next 5 minutes, giving you the opportunity to click on players or fellowships and find out stuff about them and come back to the same reuslt set you had visible before.

• Increased the limit of entries on both aforementioned tables. The limit is unlimited for now, but we might have to cap it to some value to keep the load times sensible. For now, the shard dungeon board shows all the runs ever recorded by our system

• Re-introduced the ā€œhighest shard dungeon levelā€ that was requested by a few people. It was originally removed due to it making very little sense, and to be replaced by an ā€œindividual PVE progressionā€ leaderboard, but that is waiting for some new changes from the Orbus team to their API

• Added a new stat to the character sheet: total shard dungeons done

8 Likes

Really great work on the armory thus far and the constant updates are superb! :dog2:

5 Likes

New version: 1.4.1, Calm before the storm

Change log:

• Added the Discord OAUTH2 login functionality

• Added the ā€œVerifiedā€ status for users who have completed the verification challenge. This is for the up coming big release 1.5 (hence the name of the patch). Youā€™ll need to be verified for it to work

• Added your Discord profile picture on your character page for verified users. The picture can be hidden by clicking on the ā€œHide my pictureā€ and shown with ā€œShow my pictureā€ on top of your own profile pageā€™s picture respectively

HOW CAN I VERIFY MY PROFILE?

1. Login via discord so that we can create an account for you.

Youll see this authentication screen. Donā€™t worry, we wont be microbrewing local kombucha.

1. Once authenticated it will tell you that you are unverifiedā€¦ Verify yourself.

Start by typing in your characters in-game name

Complete the challenge you are presented to prove you are who you say you are (i recommend killing red tails for fastest result).

Success! You are now verified however, If you happen to fail the challenge you have to wait 5 minutes to try again.

You should now see this verification badge next to your profile area!
7_verified

Your profile will now show your discord picture! If you want to hide it from others seeing it you can simply click ā€˜hide my pictureā€™

Why am I doing this again?
The reason for this is to prepare for our new patch! This will allow you to spoiler alert create a profile presence on the armory as well as make it easier for you to do ā€˜certain thingsā€™ in the game.

Cheers,

3 Likes

What is the point of getting verified? Are we still able to view it without being verified?

2 Likes

The armory will work just fine without being verified. Patch 1.5 will introduce a feature that requires us, and more importantly other users, to be able to verify authenticity of character data to some extent. This is just a pre-cursor patch for it

Can you elaborate on this feature somewhat please.

1 Like

ok but the verification process seems overly complicated sry I donā€™t believe many will take this effort (and succeed with it) i mean 8 mobs exactly whyyyy?!? isnā€™t there any simpler method like email verification or such or just login in?

This method is actually pretty well thought out in terms of user privacy. By using discord and in-game stats to verify, they are guaranteeing that they never have to store any of your personal information.

Honestly I am way more likely to verify this way than if they were storing things like username/passwords/email address.

It really is a feature.

2 Likes

The official API, where we ultimately get our most important data, doesnā€™t offer any kind of means for verifying character ownership. This is why we had to device a method to prove that a person owns a character. And we picked killing monsters because it is super easy to pull off, especially for higher level characters.

Initially I thought about having people go fish some fish and tell us the exact weight of the fish you got, but when I tried doing that myself, half way through it I trashed the entire idea and went with something easier.

I donā€™t want to be responsible for anyones passwords or emails, which is one of the major reasons we went with something a bit moreā€¦ guerrilla I suppose. Iā€™m developing the whole system from a stand point of ā€œwhat data would I personally be comfortable sharing with the serviceā€, and Iā€™m one of those people who really really REALLY donā€™t want to share my data :smile:

As for what this actually is used for (@Sulon): We will have a system where users get to affect the data shown on the page. Initially, I thought that I would just let people enter their character name into the new system and be done with it, but quickly I realized that its way too prone to abuse and it would quickly kill the credibility of what Iā€™m going to bring out. Hence, the verification system. With the tiny stamp of approval, you can rest a bit more comfortably in the fact that the data entered is actually legit

THANKS for not doing that :smiley: (since I honestly hate fishing :wink: ) Still it sounds like something only freaks would do (I would try, for sure, but how many will, from the actual player base?) and I hope in the long run it will be the opposite, a really really easy access/verification for everyone, because the whole awesomeness the armory provides like rankings and data and stuff is only secured if as many players as possible got their current data in - if not all of them!

Since this page is such a major benefit to the game, overall (some guilds seriously started to get more competitive than before, login in more, hell I even check my personal mob killing stats often :smiley: ), perhaps devs got some ideas too to assist with easier methods.

That said, wait and see, I will be one of the freaks tryin it for sure :wink: only fear there might not be that many doing this, even searching for everyone all the time to update is something which perhaps will be improved, in the long run.

I hear you man, I hope there comes a way for us to verify the ownership in an another way so I can throw this system out of the window.

Weā€™ve got promises for at least one great new addition to the API on a yet unknown schedule, so they are listening to our pleas, so there is hope!

But until thenā€¦

without spoiling the release details of the next versionā€¦ I guarauntee that getting verified will be useful for atleast 50% of you :smiley:

Iā€™m confused, if your pulling data from orbus api, how can people abuse it or change it?

The Orbus API can tell us that a character exist but it cannot confirm that your discord account represents that character. If we want to enable a user to act on behalf of an armory profile, we need a way to make sure that this user is the person playing the character. One example of abuse may be that someone claimed a character that is not theirs. To prevent that, we encourage you to claim your character and link it against your account by completing a little verification challenge in game.