Introducing the Unofficial Orbus Armory

So that is only if you care about a profile. If you don’t, then nothing really changes and you can still look at data, correct?

Yes. if you decide not to verify yourself, it does not mean that you cannot browse the armory…

Cheers

This is exploitable still. I will PM you on discord to discuss.

aRkker#1337 on orbus official and Alphabet discord, shoot me a message. I’m all ears

I do feel like that the armory has given a lot of life to Orbus. I like a healthy competition and being able to see my progress.

1 Like

If I’m understanding this correctly, this entire validation process is so individuals can hide what information the armory displays about them. If that is the case, the armory will be less viable than a similar site that just has everything available information the way the armory currently does. Considering we’re talking about polling directly from the game API, nothing would stop anyone else from doing that and If X% of users decide to hide their info, it seems like it would largely invalidate the point of the armory as an comparative community tool.

No. That is not why we are building validation. More to come soon… :wink:

Quoting myself: The reason for this is to prepare for our new patch! This will allow you to spoiler alert create a profile presence on the armory as well as make it easier for you to do ‘certain things’ in the game.

Its … something else that we will reveal soon.

Absolutely not. The only data they can hide about themselves is whether they want to display their discord avatar on their verified profile page or not. And thats how its gonna stay.

The data is, and will be, visible publicly to everyone as long as the official API allows that, and that’s not going to change until someone over at Ad Alternum decides otherwise

1 Like

Understood, thank you for the clarification. I am definitely curious about upcoming features.

“make a mixed tape”
:joy: I was not ready
Sounds like a partnership is in the works!! Very cool if so!!

We tweaked the PVE progression score a little bit just now. The bulk of the points still comes with the same formula, but there is an added bonus for each dungeon’s highest shard completed as well.

The bonus is calculated simply as: shard level * 10.

So say you’ve completed a level 10 run with 15 minutes left, thats still 10150 points, but in addition, your fellowship has completed all other dungeons on level 9 as well, which gives you a bonus of:
100 + 90 + 90 + 90 + 90 + 90 + 90 = 640, totaling you up to 10790. Theres a bit more info on the patch notes

1 Like

Totals don’t seems right just yet.

Also, what If you have multiple 10 clears. Will it just give you points for the quickest time then 100 bonus points for every different mine completed slower?

Elaborate on the first point?

The bonus calculation doesn’t care about time, it just cares about levels for individual dungeons. So each unique dungeon’s highest level is taken into account, and multiplied by 10, including the best run which gives the bulk of the points

The numbers keep moving around every time I refresh it.

Just checked again the scores seem fixed now. :wink:

Yeah, the formula wasn’t updated on an another part of the code that deals with caching. Should be a bit more stable now, sorry bout that

Nice update. A quick suggestion.

Once you reach t10 with a specific dungeon, you should give the time bonus for the fastest of each type of t10 dungeon completed within the 30 minutes.

Also, it seems odd to me that you do not get any bonus points for completing a dungeon with less than a minute remaining. In the current system that is the same as clearing it in 3 hrs.

3 Likes

Yeah, the minutes could be broken down to 6 seconds being equal to 1 point.

2 Likes

So Nox has completed a T10 with 9 minutes 25 seconds remaining, and has completed a total of four unique T10 dungeons, but our score is only 10700. Alphabet has only completed one T10, and not on time, but it’s score is 10600. How is that possible?

1 Like

The bonus is calculated simply as: shard level * 10.

So say you’ve completed a level 10 run with 15 minutes left, thats still 10150 points, but in addition, your fellowship has completed all other dungeons on level 9 as well, which gives you a bonus of:
100 + 90 + 90 + 90 + 90 + 90 + 90 = 640, totaling you up to 10790. Theres a bit more info on the patch notes.

As every shard dungeon has a varying level of difficulty, bonus is calculated for progress on each shard dungeon not just the highest.

Cheers,