Introducing the Unofficial Orbus Armory

Hi everybody!

Today Alphabet community is happy to announce the soft launch of the Orbus armory. The armory was built by players for players. View all your player stats here as well as leaderboard rankings on shard dungeons!

Check it out here: http://armory.orbus.xyz/

New version: 1.4.5, Damage da raid

Change log:

• Added a new leaderboard “Raids”. This shows the completed raids for fellowships out there, including fancy ass boss-names by Damage_Da_Mage (placeholders until we get the real ones)

• Added the raid runs under each fellowship’s page.

• Added the raid runs under each character’s page.

None of these changes yet affect the PVE score until we’ve figured out how to do it (whether to separate it from the Shard PVE score or keep them together etc etc)

New version: 1.4.1, Calm before the storm

Change log:

• Added the Discord OAUTH2 login functionality

• Added the “Verified” status for users who have completed the verification challenge. This is for the up coming big release 1.5 (hence the name of the patch). You’ll need to be verified for it to work

• Added your Discord profile picture on your character page for verified users. The picture can be hidden by clicking on the “Hide my picture” and shown with “Show my picture” on top of your own profile page’s picture respectively

HOW CAN I VERIFY MY PROFILE?

1. Login via discord so that we can create an account for you.

Youll see this authentication screen. Don’t worry, we wont be microbrewing local kombucha.

1. Once authenticated it will tell you that you are unverified… Verify yourself.

Start by typing in your characters in-game name

Complete the challenge you are presented to prove you are who you say you are (i recommend killing red tails for fastest result).

Success! You are now verified however, If you happen to fail the challenge you have to wait 5 minutes to try again.

You should now see this verification badge next to your profile area!
7_verified

Your profile will now show your discord picture! If you want to hide it from others seeing it you can simply click ‘hide my picture’

Why am I doing this again?
The reason for this is to prepare for our new patch! This will allow you to spoiler alert create a profile presence on the armory as well as make it easier for you to do ‘certain things’ in the game.

New version: 1.3.2, UNLIMITED POW… DATA!!
Since your last visit, Orbus Armory has updated!

Change log:

• Added a filtering/search system to both the PVE progression leaderboard as well as the Shard Dungeons leaderboard. The system will remember your filters for the next 5 minutes, giving you the opportunity to click on players or fellowships and find out stuff about them and come back to the same reuslt set you had visible before.

• Increased the limit of entries on both aforementioned tables. The limit is unlimited for now, but we might have to cap it to some value to keep the load times sensible. For now, the shard dungeon board shows all the runs ever recorded by our system

• Re-introduced the “highest shard dungeon level” that was requested by a few people. It was originally removed due to it making very little sense, and to be replaced by an “individual PVE progression” leaderboard, but that is waiting for some new changes from the Orbus team to their API

• Added a new stat to the character sheet: total shard dungeons done

11 Likes

How did you get access to all this data? -.-

The same API as the bots in Discord, and Orbus’s own website to an extent.

I asked permission to do it before we went ahead with the project, and @Riley_D greenlit it.

2 Likes

Aah I didn’t know the API from Orbus can read all this information. Very cool guys! :slight_smile:

Awesome J! I think this is a great way to put that data to “use”, making it easier to see some of the harder-to-find stats. It would be nice to have leaderboards for stuff and to see where you rank on those boards, and have that integrated right into the armory.

1 Like

Can you give some ideas :smile:?

Well, a good place to start would be the main stats you have listed on there. For example:

Highest score in the runemage contest 13001 (Rank #50)
Total weight of all fish caught 4146.57 (Rank #34)
Total potions brewed 54 (Rank #73)
Total monsters slain 11772 (Rank #96)

Etc. Then have clicking those rank numbers take you to the leaderboards for that item so you can see who your competition is.

5 Likes

Good idea :slight_smile: !

You could also do a leaderboard for most completed shard tiers, like how you have the group part set up but for a single person and the total tally of let’s say T7 shards completed

4 Likes

Really great job there!!

Grats job guys! That is a real fun leaderboard. I made a short cut to the site on my phone.

4 Likes

LATEST UPDATE 1.1

Change log:

• Added functionality to search for fellowships too. This data does not come straight from Orbus, but is rather gathered on the fly from profiles sought in the Armory. This means the data may be lacking. If you notice people missing from your fellowships, just search for the said person and they will appear as a member.

• Added the name of the fellowship on the Shard Dungeon Leaderboard entries where applicable. This means, that if more than 2 people in the group were from the same fellowship, the run is credited to that fellowship. This helps me to generate rankings for fellowships. Speaking of which:

• Added a fellowship ranking system and leaderboards for it. Fellowships are now ranked based on their PVE progress. This data does not come straight from Orbus, but is rather gathered on the fly from profiles sought in the Armory. The ranking system is explained in more detail over at the F.A.Q page

• Added total PvP arena wins to users profiles. (Thanks Rickness)

3 Likes

can u tell us about how the scores are decided, and what allows you to gain more points?

Oh shoot, I forgot to fill the new details on the F.A.Q page. I’ll do it in a few minutes, but a short summary would be:

Each completed shard dungeon level grants you a 1000 points. So if your fellowship’s highest shard level is 7, thats 1000 points. On top of that, each minute you had left on your best run gives you an extra 10 points. So say, your best run was level 7, and you had 11 minutes left, that would mean 7110 points

Edit:

I updated the F.A.Q page with an another example

3 Likes

Only one of Nox’s T7 is showing up when there should be two, and only two of our T6’s.

1 Like

As explained on the F.A.Q page, the data for the leaderboards are generated on the fly, not provided by the official API in full. Every time someone looks up a character that has participated in a run, that run’s info is updated.

A run will be credited to a fellowship if the group consisted of more than 2 people from the same fellowship. For example, there seems to be a level 7 run that Geldan and Jerbear had been a part of, but the missing 3 members weren’t looked up while it was still showing up on their API data (last 10 completed shard runs), which is probably the second T7 you’re referring to?

Geldan, Jerbear, losercom, and Remiichan, and I are all in the same fellowship and did all of the T6 and T7 together.

1 Like

I think you’re talking about this:
“Geldan, Jerbear, ?, ?, ? Tradu Skywalk 7 0 minutes and 0 seconds Alert, Indecisive, Vindictive, Spores”
Since 3 are unknown (and 3 are required for the fellowship tag) you can’t get it, unless that run is one of the last 10 of at least one of the other players and you search his name on the website.

1 Like

If you are referring to the ‘?’ ^what shiki said…

Please refer to the FAQ:

WTF? The leaderboard isn’t right!!1
You are probably right. The API provided by Orbus only shows the latest 10 completed shard dungeons under any specific character’s profile.
Because of this, we are populating the leaderboard on the fly. That means, every time you search for a character, the leaderboard will update that character’s data.
So, if you think you should be on the leaderboard, but you aren’t, all you have to do is go and search for your character over at the home page

That is ridiculous and makes this “leaderboard” irrelevant.

1 Like