Issue with Login Screen Menu (Resolved)

Okay, let’s see if this patch I am working on now fixes it for you, if not we’ll get the log manually.

Bonsoir, toujours impossible d’aller plus loin que l’écran du personnage…

Dernier téléchargement et mise en application :
https://rebornpatch.orbusvr.com/file/orbusvr/update/Override.zip

@aRkker et al:

Try this one and see if this helps: https://rebornpatch.orbusvr.com/file/orbusvr/update/Override-2.zip

Thanks for your patience as we work through the problem!

Login text wasn’t there, but this leads me to believe that there is perhaps some CSS/other styling issues? (The UI is Coherent, or some equivalent isn’t it?)

Same thing with menus, can hear the chime but not see the menu

Uploaded the log via the launcher

Same issues as before, can we please try the manual log?

So there was no change at all in the login screen? Okay.

Well, the good news is we solved the bug that was in the error log. The bad news is apparently that bug wasn’t the thing actually causing the menus not to appear.

So just to recap where we’re at right now, you can start the game, and you just can’t see any menus at all, but you can still interact with them as “invisible” menus. And some dialog boxes like that resurrection menu will appear, but I assume no NPC menus…?

It’s located under C:\Users(username)\AppData\LocalLow\Orbus Online, LLC\OrbusVR\output_log.txt if you can upload it someplace and send me a link.

I can start the game yes, I can see my character name as well as the “New character” text. Pushing the new character takes me to create a new one, where I don’t see the tabs to change mouths/noses/ears/what have you, nor do I see the slider for skin tone, or the name field above that. Discovered those with the help of a guild member + random poking everywhere.

I also can’t see the “Finish” button under neath the 3D-mesh selector. All the buttons work, they just aren’t visually there.

Same thing in-game, I can open the menu via the B button on my right Touch controller, and judging by the sounds interact with it too. The resurrection menu appears, but its all wonky, as seen on that picture. I’ve not talked to any NPCs yet

This is a shot in the dark but is your locale of your Windows set to something other than US/English?

Okay the reason I ask is because the bug we did fix was something had changed apparently in upgrading to 2018.2 Unity on how it handles float parsing in the CSV Reader. I had to manually tell it to do US-style “.” string parsing of floats. I’m wondering if there is something in the library we are using for our UI that is doing something similar or something like that.

I will try another build really quickly setting the locale for Unity globally and see if that helps. It’s a bit of a weird guess but given that was the issue with parsing the inventory data that’s the best guess I have right now.

Ok sent you the log via email

Its not an entirely baseless assumption, because due to my computer’s formatting settings, the decimal symbol is a “,” instead of “.”

I tried for shits and giggles changing my computer’s decimal symbol to period instead of a comma, but nothing changed

Got it! I do think you have the same problem as the rest, although you have other errors they don’t. So we’ll see where we are when theirs is fixed.

Third time’s the charm? https://rebornpatch.orbusvr.com/file/orbusvr/update/Override-3.zip

Login and in-game menus work and look like they should from what I can tell

Great! I will get out a patch to everyone now. Thanks for the help debugging!

This issue has been resolved, I’m working on a patch for everyone now. If you used one of the Override launchers, be sure to switch back to the regular one when the patch is live to get it.