It is time to address the elephant(s) in the room

I don’t have enough info for forest but all shards are fun for me

Wish we could trade for your crypts. We get a ton of forest as well. It makes it fun.

Charge attacks shouldn’t crit period. They are already tuned to a specific dangerous threshold.

All bosses with charge attacks should get Mistkeeper treatment.

They should balance the HP on this boss. Or balance the timers on the dungeon to match total HP + mechanics.

All AoE based attacks (the red zones) from bosses have no chance of critting. If there’s one that’s still doing that, feel free to report it as a bug.

Does this include boss 3’s jump in the raid?

Yes it does. Keeping in mind that the damage of that attack will vary widely because that is the mechanic, but it does not crit.

1 Like

So it doesn’t crit but it also doesn’t have a red zone.

So what about tank keeper charge since that doesn’t have a red zone? Can this crit?

1 Like

The Tank Keeper leap attack is a single-target attack and can currently crit. AoE-type attacks (including all red zone attacks) were changed to not crit, which is what I thought you meant by “charging attacks.”

So just for clarity’s sake. On raid boss 3. The damage that is dealt when the boss jumps to a member of the raid, before the red dome aoe appears, that can or cannot crit?

1 Like

From what Riley stated my understanding is that single target charge attacks can crit, but any type of red area AOE cannot.

Edit: I see what you are referring to though. It’s a combo of both.

Edittttt: Welp. I was wrong lol.

Another thing… Multiple times yesterday, we had members of our raid (mostly mages) dying on the jump portion of that attack (see Quinn’s post) prior to the aoe appearing, and not triggering unbending in the last two minutes. Not sure if the attack is triggering multiple times on occasion or something, but it was a pretty big issue that might need to be addressed before expert mode.

I’m sure @Draven has a video of it somewhere…

Thanks for the clarification. @Riley_D This is what I am asking about since there is no “red indicator” yet you could call this world boss 3 style of attack, an AOE.

On Raid Boss 3 specifically, I looked at the code and it cannot crit on the initial “jump” attack; since it’s technically an area attack (even though there is no red indicator) it works the same. However, as I said based on the mechanic itself, the damage will vary per person.

The red AoE attack that is followed up after the “jump” attack also will not crit since it is an AoE attack as well.

Thanks for checking Riley

Okay so to bring the topic back on track…

Does this bad point about forest still apply or not? when tank keeper jumps after his AoE’s, can it instagib players because of crits?

1 Like

Yes J Riley confirmed above it can crit.

LOL TAKE THEM PLEASE.
As I said they are fun but it gets old getting the same dang ones. I swear im seeing worm in my sleep.

The question should be: Should tank keeper crit when it jumps and hits targets that are not the 1rst in the aggro table?

I suppose Sentry can kill players if the tank does not get in time. Tank keeper is similar but the time the tank has is shortened. Is the intention to make it slower? Get aggro as it goes to another unit? Block for that target?

Depending on this it would help answer if it should kill or not.

I dont think Tank Keeper should have anything that can one shot someone and therefore require people to use Unbending. It’s RNG reliant rather than skill reliant and only forces people to play around RNG.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.