June 11th Update Feedback: Musketeer & other balance changes

I feel like it’s a necessary trade off because now they’re mandatory to get even the base line dmg that was accomplished without buffs

Hmmm that may be overtuned then. It should still require skill. We’ll take a look at that tomorrow. The way it should work now is you can curve more to make up for about 3 meters of distance, or shoot from farther away to make up for a bit of curve, it shouldn’t be resulting in that degree of difference.

Good thing we didn’t even get to try a dungeon or scoundrel mechanics yet (we had around 2h where we had no full group, only got to test the grinding device before everyone was goin to sleep…) before likely all is nerfed, as usual :frowning: … The only thing I could test was curves on close trash where I usually get rank 2, with the easy-talent, nothing changed with that; would be interesting to see if 5 is easier on bosses tho. And see the dmg meter, we got a very good picture of who in our group does how much, normally, by now. I’d suggest to have important changes up for at least 24-30h, so everyone can get a glimpse of it?

1 Like

I finally got the chance to test out the musketeer changes and I love them!

A few comments:

1. Like others have said before, I’d like a way to kill my turret so I can prep for the next combat fresh. Maybe make a charged shot at the turret perform that function? So it takes a bit and doesn’t ‘mess up’ like we occasionally did before with shooting it by accident when we thought we were loading an orb.
  2. Since you took out frost as an orb that could empower the turret, will impact now empower it? Or are we down to just three (cure, renew, poison)?
  3. Lifewell really needs to refresh with the super too.
  4. I don’t like the damage split on impact and would rather it remains concentrated. There’s not much call for AOE damage in the game (particularly now that dot spread was nerfed) and the damage is reduced so far below the threshold of usefulness when it’s split across even 3 enemies.
1 Like

After looking at numbers scoundrels are the lowest dmg class now, at least on trash, and I do not know how to bring them up. The status pre-nerf, at least in our guild, was scoundrels being midst-field before, above rangers, below mages, now rangers are far above mages and scoundrels are below everything, close to pala-tank damage (tested with 2 different players).

Bosses: I get Ranks 4 and 5 just like before, perhaps a little less 5s because the “easier” mode is harder for me, I usually curve aggressively.
“Firing from a farther distance let’s you use less curve” - Ok why?? Shouldn’t it be the other way round? When you are farther away that is your entry card for nice, big curves (I swing with my full arm to get those), unlike being close when the bullet arrives before it curves, at all.

Trash: There lies the main problem. I get ranks 2, mostly, from close (with talent upping 1 > 2) and I’m unable to buff everything before it’s already down. The nerf feels bigger than 10%, in overall numbers, likely because of the tries to buff and get higher ranks while the AoE classes are long done with the pack or with the mob buffed (rank 3! yey! now I can do damage… oh wait mob isdown :smiley: ).

“or firing with more curve from a closer distance” - Again, why? And how? Anyone enlighten me how to get a curve, at all, if standing 2m in front of a mob? Judging from pure physics it should be the exact other way round, more curve required when mobs are farther away, less when you are close. And nothing was actually wrong with base shots doing more dmg; because of the lack of AoEs and the speed mobs go down which makes buffing them inefficient, normal/charged shots are sadly the main skill left on trash…

As things stand, right now, I don’t see a way to get more outta the class on trash, yea I can get my rank 5s back on bosses with some practice, also switching to the according talent (+25% on ranks 3 up) then scoundrel is fine for bossfights I guess, never used normal/un-buffed shots in these anyway. But on trash this talent-change, together with the nerf, will let you drop entirely into the cellar, damagewise. The only logical reaction is switching to another class.

PS: Some were bringing pvp into play, I do believe this should be treated seperately; shouldn’t be hard to alter/balance class dmg only when players are encountered, and per default in bgs.

The Paladin’s anti-tankbuster. It lasts for 1.5 seconds. During this time, the Paladin will reduce all damage taken by 99%

Tankbuster animation and hit are a bit off usually, making the 1.5 sec verry tight. Can we up it to 2.5 sec? Was playing around with it a bit, activating on animation start, yet having it drop off before the hit.

The Plea talent which was previously activated by raising the hand into the air is now activated by holding the hand at a 90-degree angle to the body, like charging a sword for the Warrior

Has anyone gotten this to work? I haven’t.

1 Like

Sure ranger got a buff… but would rather have had a mecanical uppgrade… like a third arrow slot…

4 Likes

agreed. 10 characters

the warrior 12 seconds cool down makes tanking the raid bosses very difficult .like one/two of my guild member tank had a hard time tanking the raid bosses his sheild went down he hamstring only last 8 second not including kiting like mad and hamstring .the 2 second more in timer make it very difficult to survive the trash in dungeons and not enough time to have sheld ti protect from tank buster ans if any new warrior play orbus he will have a hard time staying alive for the party.please put back 10 seconds

1 Like

I can’t seem to not activate it when I activate the anti-tankbuster. So activating it a bit too easy heh.

basically the paladin change was a nerf on 90% of bosses and trash mobs.
How it used to work was u got a big ol damage reduction on adds because everytime u hammer raised it reduced damage, but now u dont get that. and since the new tank buster is on a longer cool down we are now taking much more damage from adds.
not only that, but we have had our level 30 talent stripped away, no matter what u do, when the talent is off cool down it will immediatly trigger, making it impossible to use in any meaningful, purposeful way. left hand raising to get tank buster ability? used. just walking with ur hand at ur side completely motionless? used. this is the 2nd talent that is completly useless now, meaning the paladin class only has 3 talents that do anything

yay yay weaker tank is weaker even more!

1 Like

It shouldn’t be activating accidentally like that, and I couldn’t get it to happen on my side during testing but we’ll take another look at it and push out a fix for that.

Don’t worry the ‘tankier’ tank is now also weaker with that shield change and dayum those extra hits before finally tankbuster are very destructive for Warrior. But ya hope Paladins get fixed because that sounds way worse.

2 Likes

i hope they fix the warrior and the paladin right now tanks have a hard time staying alive

wasn’t the nerf explained to be 25%?

The patch text said 10% and an additional 15% that you can recover using curves (if I recall), but no explanation of what changed about the curves that made them 15% more buffy

I feel like warrior and shaman never get any attention at all and all the problems always fall through the cracks or the threads get buried. Shaman is basically a great way to learn how to hate this game.I love playing warrior but It seems like I should just play a paladin because why play a gimped class when the paladin can solo most content. Why do they keep tweaking the OP paladin and scoundrel when theres game breaking problems with other classes ? I guess at least the warrior can use its abilities most the time. The shaman is basically un playable with the orbs not spawning half the time totems bugging out or lava totem just not doing anything. I have seen many new players rage quit thinking that everything in the game is as buggy as the shaman or that the “game isn’t there yet” I understand class balancing and what not taking time but for shaman the class barely even functions. If anything it should come with a disclaimer that the class doesnt work so people dont waste their time leveling it. I love this game but it’s hard to get new people into it when most of their experiences are their class being useless or bugged out. I would love to see what happened with the musky happen with shaman or warrior , the re work is amazing and I love the changes to the musky.

1 Like

For shaman u are completely right, but warriors have more more damage negation than paladin and a decent amount of self heal. While they were nerfed in the latest patch so were paladins

3 Likes

yeah when no one asked to increase the sheild cool down like why https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/486403526579191824/588085735014400064/unknown.gif

1 Like

I agree. I just…wanna be cool like a paladin they can do sooooo many things and I just feel like second fiddle. Still gonna love and be warrior forever just want more out of it.

i love my warrior class but they made it very difficult to tank bosses and trash

1 Like