Just a thought for warriors

So last night I was in a 10 men raid with 2 powerful tanks and me as a level 16 warrior along with the rest of the DPS squad. While the tanks were doing their thing, I tried to help out with some shield bashes to maybe slow down the attacks a bit. It worked. It was at that moment I thought to myself… what if we have 6 or more tanks running up to shield bash the boss? With good communication and coordination, all warriors and take turns to shield bash and keep the boss at pretty much stand still. Imagine the sight of that.

I would imagine it to have diminishing returns/immunity x time after last stun (at least i hope it does, otherwise it is heavily exploitable).

Shield stun don’t have diminishing returns by the looks of things and this is quite possible, I and few others was talking about it a couple days ago.

Hopefully in such cases, there are other mechanics in place to avoid this then (such as enrage, dps checks etc). Sadly haven’t experienced that content yet myself, but sounds like theres some holes to patch up if that isn’t the case.

yea i was thinking of this idea except with 10 tanks at the last boss for the raid but cant really do any tests when you lack the amount of tanks needed

With enough tanks and timing you can stun lock almost anything. There aren’t enough warriors/ certain boss phase mechanics prevent this, but if you try hard enough you could go pretty far via that method.

1 Like

Hmmmm, yeah I’m not sure why the “slow” diminishing returns stuff isn’t kicking in on this if it’s not, but it should be, I will take a look.

I’m not sure if hamstring/frost slows are working (haven’t heard otherwise so I assume so) but for as long as I remember stun has always been 2s and has no diminishing returns

Enjoy your 30 minute boss fight, lol.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.