Kickstarter promotion rewards

What reward are you going to give to the players that will participate? Im intersted in this game so much but i dont know if im going to get the vive in time so id like to know in advance. Sorry for my poor english.

1 Like

The Kickstarter rewards start at basically pre-ordering the game for release and getting bonus in-game items, all the way up to getting Closed Beta and Closed Alpha access, and even as far as getting immortalized in the game world as a statue if that’s your thing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have you guys considered letting backers reserve character names as a reward?

(Btw, love the game, played several hours during the last pre-alpha playtest, can’t wait to see and play more)

1 Like

Yes that is one of the rewards. If you back for Alpha access, your Characater Name is reserved from Alpha onward (including release). If you back at Beta, it’s reserved from Beta onward. Etc.

1 Like

You get the game, closed beta access and closed alpha access? My money does not fit through my monitor! Please start the kickstarter soon!

1 Like

Remember to post it to r/vive when you create the Kckstarter!

1 Like

Is there a way to get kickstarter bonuses without having a vive/oculus yet? :cry:

1 Like

I imagine the Kickstarter bonuses will be tied to an account, not to having hardware.

Well, i wont be able to enter the game (?)

1 Like

If you think you’re going to get a Vive/Oculus after the Kickstarter but before the game launches, then you could certainly still back it and just miss out on some of the benefit. Playing the game does require a Vive or a Rift though, yeah.

1 Like

I just ordered it mostly for this (that sounds crazy,ik) so i was wondering if is there a way to get some benefits without it. If there is no way it’s fine, just wondering.

1 Like

I think you’ll still be able to get a lot of value out of backing, lots of the rewards don’t even take effect until the game launches which won’t be until late this year (like housing deeds and whatnot). So just take a look at the rewards on Monday. Hope you enjoy the new VR system! And glad you’re excited about the game!

1 Like

Buying a vive/oculus for this game is an honorable reason my friend. Although, are you sure you have the computer specs necessary to run it? It takes a lot of computer power to run the vive, and it cost me a total cost of around $1200 for both the vive, and all the computer upgrades needed to run it. If your not sure, i would recommend downloading the steam vr test software. Its completely free, and it will test your computer to see if it is vr ready. If your already sure then congratulations, and i hope you have fun with it.

1 Like

Did it already and only the Graphic Card was the “weak piece” after the test. GTX 970.

1 Like

I ran my vive on a GTX970 for a while with an i7 920 (yes, first gen 8-year old cpu) and it ran fine. You might have to tweak the settings a,little bit for reprojection and such, but there’s a lot of help out there kn configs. You can upgrade your graphics card later pretty cheaply if you need to.

1 Like