Lack of dyes and major/accent swap system

This is by no means anything urgent, just something I’d like to see at some point in the future.

At the moment there are a lot of dyes in the game that are very similar or pretty much identical, while a lot of color areas are missing. I would like to see more dyes in more variety and simmilar dyes for both major and accent.

I mapped out the current major dyes and removed them from a color map, as you can see most of the dark colors and very bright colors are currently available as dyes while a huge chunk of bright vibrant colors are not available as primary dyes, I would especially like to see some nature like green colors and some good purple major dyes.

I did the same for accent dyes and here there is even more missing, tho the dyes we have are more spread out. we have some more greenish colors and some good blues and purples, but we’re missing some of the darker and grayish colors we have so many primaries of.

I have included most of the new dyes for these color maps, the only one I don’t have that have been confirmed are in the game is sewer rat accent, which doesn’t sound like a very pretty color tbh.
There is also royal purple(which sounds like it’ll be very similar to magic purple) and tangerine major that can be sorted by in the auction house, but none of them have been confirmed to be obtainable atm.

A quick semi solution to open up more customization would be to add a system that allows you to swap the primary and accent on your gear, so if you apply crimson major and cobalt accent to a piece of gear and apply the swap then cobalt would apply as the primary and crimson would apply as the accent. this would open up more customization without needing to add a million more dyes.

In addition to this everyone now has a million brick, brown sugar and teal dyes from the leveling crates. So some new dyes in the dye vendor would be good.

8 Likes

I don’t understand how you decided to remove the colors from the color map. I am guessing all the holes are the spots of the dyes that are in the game and you removed an area around it with paint with hand strokes? (because of the roughness of the edges of the removed areas)

yeah, the holes are the dyes in-game while what’s left are colors we don’t have as dyes.
as for how, I took some screenshots of the dyes, used color picker and magic wand to mark everywhere that color was(with some tolerance)
probably a better way to do it and this isn’t 100% accurate, but it (hopefully) shows what dyes are lacking

2 Likes

Okay cool thanks that’s super helpful, we’ll look at filling in those gaps (I honestly thought we had kind of exhausted the available colors already so glad to see I was wrong).

2 Likes

You could probably get a lot of the rest by adding minor/major dye darkeners and lighteners. Just have them push one iota in either direction and be totally stackable on each dye and you’ll have most of it filled in without having to add 40-50 dyes

2 Likes

Or a saturation or hue shift dye.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.